A few new engine bay pix - Coolant Overflow Tank painted

portlandsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one part of my engine bay that wasn't "complete" was my stock coolant overflow tank. It always bugged me. I sent Steve over at SLH a new stock overflow tank to coat with a new material he was trying out... He really went all out for me. In the end, I wasn't happy with the end product. However, I am still incredibly thankful to Steve for giving it a shot...
So I figured,,,, heck,,, let's try shooting the tank with a black high temp high gloss rattle can. Turned out great. Drove it around yesterday in 90 degree temps and so far so good. Hope months of daily driving will allow the tank to look as good as it is now. While I was at it, I went ahead and covered up everything and painted the entire front of the engine compartment in high gloss black... Looks better than new.. Some pix:

IMG_0410-vi.jpg

IMG_0414-vi.jpg

IMG_0417-vi.jpg

IMG_0421-vi.jpg

Here are a few pix of the painted overflow coolant tank.. Since I had 2 of them,,, I went ahead and painted up both in high gloss black.
I have this one for sale if anyone wants it.. I'll take $60 shipped for it.

IMG_0402-vi.jpg

IMG_0403-vi.jpg

IMG_0404-vi.jpg

I'll be painting the upper supports in high gloss black (I tried it out in silver with clear,,, looks kinda cool through the grille,, but I'm going to black it out)
and cleaning my air filter soon. Seeing those pix make me realize how dirty that is..

:eek:GEEEZUSS.. This is one silver RC I am proud of. Great attention to detail and craftsmanship. Really good work.:top:

DAYUM!!!!!!! I need my shades!!!:cool:

That is an outstanding engine bay!!!!!!! Wow!!!:eek:

I am envious!!!!

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

oh............................................I gotta make a call;)

First off,,, thanks for the compliments! I finally feel that my engine bay is complete now. Sometime down the road, I really want to replace my stock painted overflow tank with a polished/chrome tank and have a braided stainless line running from the radiator to the tank,,, but this will do for now.

moparracing said:
nice..... now hook up that nitrous & go racin' !!!:)
I still haven't had my CF clutch installed yet... Or my line-lock... One of these days. Can't wait to join ya, Randy.

Big Worm said:
what kind of like are you using
????? Help me out here... What kind of what???

Your engine bay is badazz...I had been planning to paint my fluid tanks too...now I know how it will look...thanks.....and PM sent on extra tank..

I was afraid the mess I made wasn't going to work out. I'm really sorry about that, I appreciate your patience and letting us try it out. It's a shame we have'nt gotten this to work. It's a great product, but somehow we're not getting ti to work on anything that's not a sign...:confused: :dontknow: I've not given up yet though...;)

Great idea with nice results, man!

I'll take that other tank off your hands. Figure shipping to the Seattle area, and PM me a total.;)

I continue to be amazed by the craftmanship and attention to detail our members have. Absolutely beautiful!!!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I was afraid the mess I made wasn't going to work out. I'm really sorry about that, I appreciate your patience and letting us try it out. It's a shame we have'nt gotten this to work. It's a great product, but somehow we're not getting ti to work on anything that's not a sign...:confused: :dontknow: I've not given up yet though...;)
Hi Steve! No worries, my man. I went into it knowing it was experimental anyway. No need to be sorry. You're a great vendor and an asset to the VTCOA.....

Outstanding detail, Perfect ....... Started mine, and I can see I have a long way to go ... Where did you get the Brushed Metel looking Covers for the tanks ?????

Jim

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back