A little TLC

trussman

Reaction score
The other day I was noticing the ram was in need of a bath. Initially, I was just going to do a quick wash and throw a coat of turtle wax on it. Then, I figured I'd wash with dawn to be sure all old stuff was off. Once it was dried off and sitting in the garage I ran my hand over the paint and I think I heard the ole girl cry a little since it has been a couple years since I waxed her. So I figured I might as well clay bar it first......right? So i clay barred it. Then I thought I might as well try out my meguiars buffer attachment I've had for months. So, I used it with the swirl compound it came with and did the whole truck. Then threw the wax application pad and put rejex on it all. I have to say, I don't believe she's been this slick since I have owned her. My neighbor has a 2015 chally he hasnt had but a few months which he recently waxed and he was blown away at how.much smoother my 12 yr old paint was and asked if I'm sure it hasn't been repainted in the past. By no means does she look brand new with the day to day scratches from who knows what and from neighborhood cats that i found new homes for after finding them on the truck. I can say though that I'm very happy with how it looks and surprised at how well the little meguiars buffer attachment worked. A few pics (best i could get in the garage (we had several days of rain while I was doing this all). Youtube video quality may not be as good as off my phone either.

9a93b9d60dc713b6f8a3a3d93dabdcd2.jpg

3055d0abfb23b81e6df6f142b1f63028.jpg

19cdb113bb3347f33242ca3be265b873.jpg

ebedba5d052cc7076db0a477b6eefe2b.jpg

https://youtu.be/cQW7ybk5vxY

This is corny but my two yr old daughter wanted kevin to slide lol
https://youtu.be/c2lDPpsMfvg

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Good job! Now it repels minions.
Any cat I find on my truck gets a one way ticket to a dirt nap.

Good job! Now it repels minions.
Any cat I find on my truck gets a one way ticket to a dirt nap.
I dont think it is possible for them to get on it right now. It's ridiculously slick.

It really is amazing what a claybar and wax job can do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I need to do that to my truck. My paint has gone to hell the last few years.

I just gave my truck her first wash of the year since we had 73 degree weather. I noticed the clear is coming off my wing. :(

Yours looks really good J.

lookin good:rock::rock::rock:

how bout your daughter holdin Kevin doin the slide test???:rock::D

It really is amazing what a claybar and wax job can do.

Just the clay alone works wonders. The buff just added to the smoothness a little more.

I just gave my truck her first wash of the year since we had 73 degree weather. I noticed the clear is coming off my wing. :(

Yours looks really good J.
Thanks man. Need to keep her waxed so that clear doesn't dry out. I wonder if there were some 06 paint quality issues.

Just the clay alone works wonders. The buff just added to the smoothness a little more.

You have to be careful too. If you pick up a piece of dirt in the clay, your gonna be in big trouble.

You have to be careful too. If you pick up a piece of dirt in the clay, your gonna be in big trouble.

Exactly. Frequently turning the clay is key. I spray it off with the spray when I feel heavy areas

Thanks man. Need to keep her waxed so that clear doesn't dry out. I wonder if there were some 06 paint quality issues.

Silver is beautiful but is notorious for paint problems. Read an article about silver paint years ago. Keeping it in total darkness was the only sure fire way to keep it from fading.

Silver is beautiful but is notorious for paint problems. Read an article about silver paint years ago. Keeping it in total darkness was the only sure fire way to keep it from fading.
The rejex has helped I think. Ive been using it for several years now and the paint is holding up well for the little amount it gets washed.

Nice Jason!!! I have my sills off to do my exhaust. clay barred them, cleaner wax, glaze, then synthetic wax. All at the kitchen counter...lol

Attachments

• IMG_20160206_081535.jpg
    IMG_20160206_081535.jpg
    631 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20160206_152939.jpg
    IMG_20160206_152939.jpg
    937.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20160206_155910.jpg
    IMG_20160206_155910.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 133
Nice Jason!!! I have my sills off to do my exhaust. clay barred them, cleaner wax, glaze, then synthetic wax. All at the kitchen counter...lol

God damn it!! Don't do that Paul!!! You scared me with that last picture.

I was like, ok ok, wax on wax off Ahhhhhhhh!!!

That last picture is horrific!! Looks great and I see seats in the background.....

Lol i wish i could have done all mine at the kitchen counter. It was cold in the garage. And cramped. Yours looks awesome
Edit. That last pic is a little terrifying.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back