Aftermarket Radio

SRT10R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off buying a used factory in dash nav that was an option for our trucks and get the associated stock dash panel from a dodge dealer or Ebay

I have the RB4 right now with the stock navigation but id like to have bluetooth and hook ups for my ipod. All the options basically a normal double din indash would have. Or did dodge make a indash dvd player that would hook up in these from some other model truck?

I went with a touch screen that works with my I-Phone,Plays my music list,Music video's,And charges the phone.:D

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,272
  • CIMG3033 - Copy.jpg
    CIMG3033 - Copy.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 2,467
  • Stereo pics (22).JPG
    Stereo pics (22).JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 6,512
By the time your all said and done thats basically a 1500 set up though isnt it? Im still tryin to understand what i all have to buy if i get an aftermarket double din? I know weedahoe makes the dash for like 350-400 plus then a decent double din is around 1000. is there any rewiring besides just the main harness out of the back of the player? ive heard guys running all new speaker wire to each speaker or did i read that stuff wrong? I still want to utilize all my factory speakers and amp.

By the time your all said and done thats basically a 1500 set up though isnt it? Im still tryin to understand what i all have to buy if i get an aftermarket double din? I know weedahoe makes the dash for like 350-400 plus then a decent double din is around 1000. is there any rewiring besides just the main harness out of the back of the player? ive heard guys running all new speaker wire to each speaker or did i read that stuff wrong? I still want to utilize all my factory speakers and amp.

I think you will find the factory speakers and amp. are trash,If anything look at the Kicker upgrade. Here is the thread when i did mine.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/music-my-ears-30638/

I recomend AppRadio 2
168702-5267a00f313049c2ac1806e62e383dca.jpg

I looked into that indash alittle and it looks awesome. it doesnt play cds at all does it? The other question i have is does it just plug in and play? still utilizing the factory amp and sub along with steering wheel controls?

U Will need axxess aswc and axxess chto-02 to make it work with The factory surround.

I looked into that indash alittle and it looks awesome. it doesnt play cds at all does it? The other question i have is does it just plug in and play? still utilizing the factory amp and sub along with steering wheel controls?

Yes,It plays CDs,And if you looked at the link I provided,It is not plug and play. Fuck it do what ever.

I was talking more about the appradio indash. Im starting to understand this way more now thanks guys just needed a few things clarified to me. I will def be goin with a double din for sure though

You can save a lot of money if you know how to do the wiring yourself or know someone legit who is a friend who could install a double-din at a cheap rate. Double-din receivers are usually not cheap to install and depending on which one you go with, you're looking at extra accessories. For me, I have a Kenwood 7in in-dash monitor. It plays DVDs, has iPod/iPhone adapter that runs into my glovebox, satellite radio, can accept a backup camera, and has a mini microphone you can talk into for hands-free cell phone. Also does bluetooth. It does a shitload of things, but it was pricey. I had an older Kenwood that got stolen when my truck was broken into that I bought on Ebay for cheap. It was a factory refurbished unit and I never really had any issues with it. If you look on Ebay, you can find factory refurbs for cheap and there's nothing wrong with them. I talked to a installer at Best Buy a couple of years ago and he explained certain manufacturers require that returned, open-box units be sent back to them for them to recertify and then they end up selling them on Ebay and other refurb sites. So quite literally, a person could have gotten one as a gift and been given the reciept, opened the box and then decided against installing the unit, returned it, it goes back to the manufacturer, and then winds up on Ebay and you save a lot of money. It's worth looking into.

For me to get the AppRadio 2 to work with the stock system i needed Axxess CHTO-2 and Axxess ASWC. Those are adapters to turn on the surround system and steering wheel control. You will need a antenna adapter as well.

Only supports media from an Android or Apple devoice, works so well with my iPhone its mad! Have apps for real time engine info such as hp and torqe :)

AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) - In-Dash iPhone® 4/4S and Android™ Compatible Car Receiver with 7" Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen, Built-In Bluetooth for Hands-Free Calling, and On-Screen Access to Compatible Smartphone Apps | Pioneer Electroni

I did the install my self with the DODGE RAM SRT-10 wiring manual and the manuals from the product. I have documented my install so I can probably speed that part up for you. ^^

if you don't want a double din, what you need is an RB1.

it can be converted to dvd playback, the nav maps are still updated, works with all factory controls, and with the bluetooth mirror, it'll work with sirius and uconnect... you can also hook up a backup camera, too...

rb1.jpg

I think im gonna go with the Appradio 2 unless they come out with a newer version here soon. I like the price point and all the options you have with it. Im pretty knowledgable when it comes to hooking up stereos I just like to get all the info on my truck first cause i have yet to even look behind the radio. Ill prob get an iphone here soon instead of my droid so itll hook up easier. Thanks everyone for the help. Now i gotta decide whether i wanna try cutting my dash by myself or by one from weedahoe. lol

I would try doing yours yourself first just in the sake of saving money. If you can do the cutting and make it look professional yourself, then I say go that route. If you screw it up, PM Weedahoe and he'll hook you up quick.

Yeah i think thats what i was gonna do. I see ppl using that 3m Di-noc stuff as well. I love the look of carbon fiber in the interior. I wanna switch all the silver trim pieces to that if i can find where to get it besides online. lol

SRT10R.

Here you have the clusterfuck I made to see that everything works together.
168702-8bdff8ff3d40800d36bb118d29800fa3_large.jpg

I used a weedahoe bezel and installed a Pioneer Z140BT with Axxess steering wheel interface. Everything works great and I love having the double din. It is pricey though, everything all together cost me about $1400 and I installed it all.
bezelinstall.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back