Alberta GTC???

oldcolt said:
I would like to take part in the dyno day. As far as a GTG, I just got booked for all of June, so July would be better for me.

Give me a bit of lead time and the dyno will be ready for ya...

Ronnie

There is a black 04/05 RC in Calgary that is driven year round. He has 20" snow tires on black steel wheels. I believe he works at Varsity Chrysler.

I wonder if my Colt could turn the dyno roller???:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

I have yearned to go to the Stampede since I was in Jr. High School. I was in Ogden, Utah and we had a mini Stampede called Pioneer Days...

Now you have me really thinking about a road trip...

This could be a high mileage summer:

1. Sickness visit
2. Find a way to let Treker punch me in the nose
3. Get to Marathon for a month
4. See my DEA friend in North Florida who came back from Afghanistan in pretty bad shape.
5. Get to Indiana for some mods on the DD.
6. Now the Stampede...

Hmmmm.

Prof said:
I have yearned to go to the Stampede since I was in Jr. High School. I was in Ogden, Utah and we had a mini Stampede called Pioneer Days...

1. Sickness visit
4. See my DEA friend in North Florida who came back from Afghanistan in pretty bad shape.
6. Now the Stampede...

Hmmmm.

I hope you can make it Prof. The Calgary Stampede is a good time, to be sure.
And, it would be great to meet ya...
Banff is only an hour west and is a "beauty" place to visit in the Rockies...

Ronnie

Last edited:
never been to a stampede neither, would be interesting to go, heard it was a blast

Let me know if you are going Roy, and I will meet you there if you like.

Or, fly to Winnipeg and we can have a road trip from there. About 10 - 12 hrs depending on (ummmm...) 'traffic'... Yeah, that's it... :) :burnout:

Wil

Prof said:

1. Sickness visit
6. Now the Stampede...

Hmmmm.

rottenronnie said:
Actually, Chris from DC might be here tuning on a current SRT-8 project we have on the go...but Sean should come too!! Imagine THAT tuning expertise in one room!!!

We can all race at a high altitude track and you will feel like you gained a few hundred horsepower when you (well those living near sea-level) get back home.

It snowed here EVERY month of the year in 1965 which is "well before the time" of many guys on this site, but "normally" it isn't too bad. I mean we get 100 consecutive frost-free days here per year so a VERY narrow performance window as far as track time goes.

Most of the igloos are gone now and we have had color t.v. for nearly 5 years so if you come up here, you won't be without too many conveniences...
Actually, Calgary is over 400 square miles. If you get on top of our highest building (currently 10 stories), you can see cars driving in Saskatchewan over 350 miles away !!! ;)

It would be great to see you. Come up for the Calgary Stampede (in July), billed as "The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth".

Ronnie

I would love to get in on a dyno tune by someone that knows about SCT tuners. Seems most I talk to around here don't.

oldcolt said:
There is a black 04/05 RC in Calgary that is driven year round. He has 20" snow tires on black steel wheels. I believe he works at Varsity Chrysler.

I've seen it....

Manic said:
Let me know if you are going Roy, and I will meet you there if you like.

Or, fly to Winnipeg and we can have a road trip from there. About 10 - 12 hrs depending on (ummmm...) 'traffic'... Yeah, that's it... :) :burnout:

Wil

Maybe we could just come and pick the two you up, and we could have some language experts on our trip to the Stampede! Good Idea eh?

Prof said:

I'd be happy to arrange some motels/hotels for you guys if you can make it. Accommodations book EARLY for the Stampede though.. (like very soon).

My wife owns a small video production company so we can get it all on video. Race City has a secret street night on Friday nights so that may be a great place to go and have some fun as well. I know you don't want to race Prof; but it can be fun to watch!!

General Calgary info...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9S02NDPs_s

Last edited:
Prof said:
Maybe we could just come and pick the two you up, and we could have some language experts on our trip to the Stampede! Good Idea eh?

Well... That's a start but definately need some work... :D See how well you speak after some real beer here up North. :):)

Would be awesome trip!

rottenronnie said:
Actually, Chris from DC might be here tuning on a current SRT-8 project we have on the go...but Sean should come too!! Imagine THAT tuning expertise in one room!!!

We can all race at a high altitude track and you will feel like you gained a few hundred horsepower when you (well those living near sea-level) get back home.

It snowed here EVERY month of the year in 1965 which is "well before the time" of many guys on this site, but "normally" it isn't too bad. I mean we get 100 consecutive frost-free days here per year so a VERY narrow performance window as far as track time goes.

Most of the igloos are gone now and we have had color t.v. for nearly 5 years so if you come up here, you won't be without too many conveniences...
Actually, Calgary is over 400 square miles. If you get on top of our highest building (currently 10 stories), you can see cars driving in Saskatchewan over 350 miles away !!! ;)

It would be great to see you. Come up for the Calgary Stampede (in July), billed as "The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth".

Ronnie

ROFLMAO!! Thats funny stuff Ron:D ,for tuning Torrie will continue to do all my tuning on my truck:rock: ,he has done the base tune already and has been stand up on anything asked from him.
For the Dyno Ron,I'm thinking the 8th or 15th in May:dontknow:

Yellow venom said:
ROFLMAO!! Thats funny stuff Ron:D ,for tuning Torrie will continue to do all my tuning on my truck:rock: ,he has done the base tune already and has been stand up on anything asked from him.
For the Dyno Ron,I'm thinking the 8th or 15th in May:dontknow:
:D

Try to give me a few days notice if you can.. I continue to hear good things about Torrie...

Ron

Last edited:
Heck Id go down for the Stampede for sure. Never been to it yet believe it or not.

I heard that just after the Calgary Stampede is the busiest time all year for divorce lawyers in the area.

yellowfever#154 said:
Heck Id go down for the Stampede for sure. Never been to it yet believe it or not.

I heard that just after the Calgary Stampede is the busiest time all year for divorce lawyers in the area.

I've never been either:eek: Convoy?:D

yellowfever#154 said:

That is true, with all 3 of my daughters in the legal profession, I hear "sufficiently vague" things from time to time. Those cell phone cameras can be used for general evil and general mayhem...

Cowboys+Cowgirls+Alcohol= A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER ... :)

Make sure your liver is in good condition prior to the 10 days of Stampede.. :cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back