AnOther tranny bits it

she is babied

got 15min out and i felt it leaving red lights funny told ali the tranny was going south 5min latter slipping in first and no 2nd 5min latter on the way home it started shift . took the 8 and everything went well

I HAVE 05, 3500, 5.9 DIESEL,,THE TRANNY IS AUTO, LAST YEAR IT WOULD JUMP GEARS LIKE WHEN YOU TAKE OFF, AND STOP, THE WARRANTY REBUILT IT, DOES THE SRT 10 HAVE THE 7 YEAR, 70,000 MILE WARRANTY AS WELL,
MY 05 Q/C IS STARTING TO DO THAT,I DONT THINK ITS SLIPPING,ITS LIKE IT DONT KNOW WHAT GEAR TO GO TO,JUMPS, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

finisher68 said:
MY 05 Q/C IS STARTING TO DO THAT,I DONT THINK ITS SLIPPING,ITS LIKE IT DONT KNOW WHAT GEAR TO GO TO,JUMPS, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Might just need to adjust the TV cable. Several threads on how to do it.

they are beefing the tranny up ike, i talked with chad the other day and he got suggestions from us on how we wanted it built. they are supposed to be testing it for a month. but call chad and see if they can send you one of the new and improved ones

finisher68 said:
I HAVE 05, 3500, 5.9 DIESEL,,THE TRANNY IS AUTO, LAST YEAR IT WOULD JUMP GEARS LIKE WHEN YOU TAKE OFF, AND STOP, THE WARRANTY REBUILT IT, DOES THE SRT 10 HAVE THE 7 YEAR, 70,000 MILE WARRANTY AS WELL,

It's the governor pressure solenoid.

Get it changed every year when you do the fluid. There's no guarantee as to how long a new solenoid will last before the problem strarts again. The solenoids aren't up to the task and all fail in time. I'm getting about 4 months (approx. 8,000 miles), and getting them replaced along with fluid and filter twice/year.

oldguy

bigike said:
although i know it would happen it still pisses me off

How many miles did you get out of it?

How often do you have the fluid and filter changed, bands adjusted, and governor pressure solenoid changed?

Just interested to know what to expect on mine.

I've got 48,000 on the truck/original tranny, with the last 17,000 with a Roe.

Sorry you're having troubles.

Thanks,
oldguy

oldguysrt10 said:
Just interested to know what to expect on mine.

His was built with a warranty. Supposed to be bullet proof. Looks like they have some more R&D to do.

No such thing as bullet proof anything...except maybe Mikey's facade.

No Flyin, never said to be bullet proof. It's supposed to be a replacement tranny, plain and simple. I thought it was better and it should be getting better. As of right now the stock unit is a better tranny IMO. I see less problems with them.

I've put 3500 miles on the truck. Brought it home knowing the tranny was weak and going south. Went south a week later, put the new one in and as soon as I got on it I felt it doing the same thing and I knew then this one was coming out soon................

I really wanted to show it off in San Antone! :(

Went to drive it to Academy tonight Started it, put it in reverse and it is making one hell of a sound. Put it in Neutral, it stopped. Put it in drive same sound just quieter................. So I rowed through the gears and listened to the sound. Turned the truck off, went inside, got the keys for the 8. AND PROCEEDED TO BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF THAT THING. THAT OLE BUGGER ALWAYS ASK'S FOR MORE:)

I go back to the rig tomorrow and I'll be taking it to the service center for another tranny. Hopefully when I get back, it's right and I can sing the praises of this tranny.

If not I'll replace it again and seek other options QUIETLY ;)

Fisher I agree you need the solenoid. Just not the Dodge unit. You'll just keep replacing it.

Buy the PATC GM conversion unit.

Talking with jasper ike , what they are supposed to be doing is a ton of upgrades, what exactly i really dont know, but they are thinking of actually buying a qc to do testing with, that is how far they are willing to go to make the tranny work and last

They can come pick mine up tomorrow....................................

I'll take it to the certified installer and let them deal with it. Maybe they have one to put in it. If not I'll be down for a long time.....................:(

Honestly from the way you were talking i thought you were letting Dusty rebuild yours:dontknow: instead of having to R&R constanly:dontknow:

I can't afford it........................ I'm trying to get Ali to buy me a 200,000 house in the country.........trying.

No Tony my plan has been to put another one in. If if fails, get that replaced again. Sell it or send it straight to D to be fortified.

Could you pass me Chads number again....................please :)

bigike said:
I can't afford it........................ I'm trying to get Ali to buy me a 200,000 house in the country.........trying.

No Tony my plan has been to put another one in. If if fails, get that replaced again. Sell it or send it straight to D to be fortified.

Could you pass me Chads number again....................please :)

cool beans bo, let me see if i can find it, the desk is a disaster:argh: got busy today and then mother in law called with trees across the driveway, she said a couple, when the hell did ten become a couple:confused:

Thanks for the killer shipping on the VHT....... To bad I won't be able to do it tell the rig is finished... Diamond Ocean Monarch.... The Rig from Armagedon!

Way Refurbished!

I bought some lights for the magnum, they still havent shown up yet that was 2 days before the vht................. Vht got here on Thursday. LOL got to knock on some doors.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back