Ass Dropping

Rick_R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heh, got your attention

For any of you guys that would rather just drop the rear of your truck and level it out versus a full suspension change, I found lovering blocks at my local 4 Wheel Parts center. The counter guy told me they get them in various depths from 1 inch to 3 and they always have leftovers.

I bought a pair of 1.75 inch blocks with the center pin set up which is exactly what I was looking for for the amazing price of $20.00 for the PAIR.

He had 1" and 1.5 inch in stock as well.

Rick

Most of the cheap blocks that are out there are cast aluminum which are prone to shatter. I sure hope the ones you got are solid billet, with the torque these things put out I would not even remotely consider anything else.

I got a set of 2" lowering shackles off of Ebay. I think it lowered it about 1 3/4"s. I paid around $70.00 if I recall correctly. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll post the link.

blackviper said:
I got a set of 2" lowering shackles off of Ebay. I think it lowered it about 1 3/4"s. I paid around $70.00 if I recall correctly. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll post the link.
How did you lower the back w/o a flip kit?

One of the SUPPORTING vendors sells them cheap....

Last edited:
Not Cast

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Most of the cheap blocks that are out there are cast aluminum which are prone to shatter. I sure hope the ones you got are solid billet, with the torque these things put out I would not even remotely consider anything else.

The blocks I have are not cast.

That is why I was so amazed at the price.

Rick

Damn, that was a heck of a deal. Have you already installed the lowering block and if so please post some pics. Im dying to lower the rear on my 06 Reg. Cab. If anyone has any leads or links on how to pick up a set of lowering blocks for my truck please send it my way. Thanks!!

Also, is there much to installing the lowering blocks?? Just wanted to see if its something I could tackle in my garage over a weekend.

:rock:

If anyone has any leads or links on how to pick up a set of lowering blocks for my truck please send it my way. Thanks!!

TEXAS YELLOW FEVER (steve) can probably hook you up with some blocks and yes you can do it in a day in your garage with just some jack stands and a jack:rock: and...read this thread

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9642

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back