Audiofiles...A little advice please...

Yup...go with an all in one. Nowadays you can get wireless stuff that works just as good or almost as good as the old stuff.

My dad used to sport 6 floor speakers for surround sound...(not quite:))...but that is dated! I used to have an Aiwa system that was the shizznizz and I miss it dearly (stupid Hurricane Ivan!!!:() but I tried the Bose 3-2-1 system and it wasn't very good so now I have a Panasonic 5.1 system which is okay.

I would still rather have that old Aiwa system but these new kits are cool. The rear speakers are "wireless" meaning they hook up to a wireless unit so you can place them farther back without all the wires.

And the best part is they are fairly inexpensive...but since you are a man of prestige and wealth....buy the Bose system. Well worth the money....Just stay away from the 3-2-1 system. I have that in my office...that's about all it's good for!;)

Too late to go with the wireless...already have the speaker systems...and the house is pre-wired for sound systems.

Anyone else want to provide some input on a new amp?

Sony's ES series is some serious stuff. Top of the line. Built with better components than the standard electronics store off the shelf stuff. My DB series unit is an intermediate. A step above the standard stuff but not quite ES quality. That should serve you well for many, many years. STR-DA5400ES Review

Check out Etronics.com. they have the STR-DA5400ES for $1348.96. That's with Free Shipping. http://www.etronics.com/p-88459-sony-strda5400es-sony-strda5400es-es-71-channel.aspx?dp=E2E2E2127222E6124253C38363F3A3570373637313130303&svbname=403&bname=GoogleBase

Or United Online Shopping for $1299.99 plus shipping. http://eusa.stores.yahoo.net/sost71chhoth1.html

Last edited:
Prof said:
Too late to go with the wireless...already have the speaker systems...and the house is pre-wired for sound systems.

Anyone else want to provide some input on a new amp?

That's a very nice reciever Roy, thats probably compairable to what I purchased about 8-9 years ago with 5.1 sur. You'll enjoy it too, my Sony is still running strong after all these years and just cant bite the hdmi bullet on a reciever just yet mabey in a couple more years Ill upgrade the old girl.

Great choice Prof, I have a DA3200ES, 130x7, terrific is all I can say! Has way more power than needed, looks cool, & has 3 HDMI in, 1 out. New ones are even better. Definitely spend the money for a higher-end unit. Other choices would be looking into Denon, Onkyo etc. Upgrade, you will not be disappointed!

Thanks Robert! How is the winter treating you in Colorado?

How is the truck?

Winter has been good by me, not alot of snow or cold. Mtns gettin hammered, which is good, skiers & boarders lovin it! Truck is still a virgin, but don't know for how long. Altitude a real power killer, but's a real headturner & cruiser, only found a couple more in the north metro area. Best wishes & checkout the Pioneer Elite Series receivers. Some fantastic toys made in the 1500-2000.00 range. You won't be disappointed whichever brand you get!!

FATJACK said:
OMG Prof, just wait until Timmy sees how you spelled audiophiles.:D :D
Now that I have corrected you Thank You Very Much for the Shirt order.
What Roy, no comment???

I hate that you can't change titles once you start to post...pisses me off...but I can't spell...when in grade school, we were pushed to read the classics rather than learn to spell.

Damn Roy, looks like I'm a little late to this one. Looks like you got the Sony. I'm not a huge fan of sony, I've had waay too many problems with them in the past. I went with an Onkyo SR805. Absolutely killer reciever!! Personally, I'm very happy with it and by far the best bang for the buck. Anyways, enjoy your new receiver, you'll wish you would've done it sooner. Take care Roy.

Well, damn...I hope I don't have problems with it...my skill level is limited to power on power off...

I presume the woofer is so my dog can hear it too???

Prof said:
Well, damn...I hope I don't have problems with it...my skill level is limited to power on power off...

I presume the woofer is so my dog can hear it too???

Exactly right.....;)

D

I've had good luck with Sony. You will enjoy it! It should make a big difference!!

ntw0rk said:
I've had good luck with Sony. You will enjoy it! It should make a big difference!!

I need to get you to access my computer when you get a chance...it still has that error message every time I open Firefox...can't kill it...

Roy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back