BBK Update

jrangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up the truck today. After having BBK's throttle body installed. Drove it from Temecula, CA. to DC Performance. Overall very satisfied.

Pros:

- No 15 min to learn TP sensor.
- No Idle surge or hang at 1800 RPM
- Hit 120 mph and took foot off gas to 80 no throttle hang down shifted and floored up shift and gear change at 105.
- You can feel how crisp throttle response is.

Cons:

- Makes me want catless mids and headers now.

I have the Dyno sheet before and after:

SRT10TRUCKDYNOGRAPH.jpg

I want to thank Mike at BBK

bigike said:
How's about when you drive in cruise control? Mine hunts real real bad in cruise.

Turned it on at 80 was going up and down hills no issues.

jrangel said:
I picked up the truck today. After having BBK's throttle body installed. Drove it from Temecula, CA. to DC Performance. Overall very satisfied.

Pros:

- No 15 min to learn TP sensor.
- No Idle surge or hang at 1800 RPM
- Hit 120 mph and took foot off gas to 80 no throttle hang down shifted and floored up shift and gear change at 105.
- You can feel how crisp throttle response is.

Cons:

- Makes me want catless mids and headers now.

I have the Dyno sheet before and after:

SRT10TRUCKDYNOGRAPH.jpg

I want to thank Mike at BBK

:rock: :burnout: :congrats: :rock: :burnout: :congrats:

did anyone happen to mention a possibile release date?????

bigike said:
How's about when you drive in cruise control? Mine hunts real real bad in cruise.

don't the cruise controls on the trucks work off a vaccuum signal????

could a pressure signal make it act silly?????:dontknow: :dontknow:

ZCx said:
:rock: :burnout: :congrats: :rock: :burnout: :congrats:

did anyone happen to mention a possibile release date?????

The part number is available now. I was told approx one month.

jrangel said:
The part number is available now. I was told approx one month.

thanks man :rock: :rock: :rock:

i'm runnin Belangers, catless mids & Powersticks 3030's. BBK's TB & a Sean Roe SCT tune should be a nice set up. like Stinker says, for about 6 months, LMAO.

Strickers & cam maybe, lol.:dontknow: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

bigike said:
Wasn't it thought that NA the BBK was the way to go, but FI we should stay with single blades??

I was talking to Quick at DC and he wants one. His is FI.

bigike said:
Wasn't it thought that NA the BBK was the way to go, but FI we should stay with single blades??
i think it depends on the manifold, with your roe setup it's one large inlet into the blower, with a paxton like quick has you'd still have the factory viper intake. and to my understanding when you use a single blade TB on them the air hits the divider in the intake and causes turbulence(sp?) so with the twin blade on the factory intake it keeps the air from hitting the divider and keeps the air flow smooth. check out trainmans ported intake thread and you'll see what i mean

Ironhead said:
Damn for 5 hp and 10 tq ,,,,,,,man that hurts:(

Depending on what you have done you get more. I am running a stage II flash and a drop in filter. I have the stock exhaust. I just removed the big muffler. Trainman got more gains. Some Viper guys are getting 10 hp gains. I know I will see more from it when I get the exhaust done.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i think it depends on the manifold, with your roe setup it's one large inlet into the blower, with a paxton like quick has you'd still have the factory viper intake. and to my understanding when you use a single blade TB on them the air hits the divider in the intake and causes turbulence(sp?) so with the twin blade on the factory intake it keeps the air from hitting the divider and keeps the air flow smooth. check out trainmans ported intake thread and you'll see what i mean
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: And that would be hitting the nail-on-the-head!
Now BBK will give me the same 67/mm that I'm getting with 67/mm-single blade and NO hang-up......PRICELESS!

Quick

QuickSilver said:
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: And that would be hitting the nail-on-the-head!
Now BBK will give me the same 67/mm that I'm getting with 67/mm-single blade and NO hang-up......PRICELESS!

Quick
if the twin bbk is 67mm, what is the stocker for size - anyone know ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back