Best performance parts to start with

SCT....from Torrie at Unleashed. (in my opinion) Search on here and you will find tons of info on this subject.

SCT from Torrie is hands down best bang for your buck with a QC. It will get rid of your torque management crap and really OPEN up horsepower. My truck chirps the hell out of the tires from 2nd to 3rd with just deleted cats, full 3" x pipe design exhaust and a k&n intake and programmed PCM

Shift kit by transgo is about 50-75 bucks. Pulling the valve body out aint to bad(messy though). Shift kit requires pulling the valve body apart completly, drilling a hole, notching a piece of it and adding a different gasket and spring kit. Not super difficult but very titious and can be done wrong VERY easy. Id recomend paying a trans shop to do the work

Shift kit will make it shift harder, get rid of the cats and get a k&n filter, I belive the ones for a cummins fit in the air box but they are a cone type filter and flow more cdma

It shifts harder, but its a smoother type of shift. It gets rid of that 1, 2 shift too so it wont go up and down in 1st and 2nd when you cruising in traffic and stuff. It will ride out 1st longer instead of just wanting to shift into 2nd quickly.

Good advice. But these are the mods that you need, bottom line.
SCT
Torque Converter
Valve Body ( don't waste ur money or time on a shift kit.)
Catless midpipes
K& N drop in filter (don't waste ur money on an intake, unless ur looking for looks and not performance)
Catback exhaust.

And make sure you adjust the bands in the tranny, at least once a year. Learn how to do it yourself and you'll save a few bucks

SCT was the most difference on my 10 , as for the k&n (in my opinion ) it seems to still draw too much hot air in the summer from the engine bay , so hopefully i can get it sealed more and draw air from the fender side panel to get cooler air .. looking forward to getting catless mids soon .... been running about 13.8 at track (stock trim including tow hitch, spare and bed cover ) on street tires in 90 degree temps , i think i could manage 13.2 to 13.5 in cooler weather ...

What exactly is torque management? What does it do and how does it work?

Torque management is in the PCM and it cuts timing from a dead stop when you get on it and also during shifts. Its just to make the tranny smoother and relieve strees on the drivetrain.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back