Best performance parts to start with

Good advice. But these are the mods that you need, bottom line.
SCT
Torque Converter
Valve Body ( don't waste ur money or time on a shift kit.)
Catless midpipes
K& N drop in filter (don't waste ur money on an intake, unless ur looking for looks and not performance)
Catback exhaust.

And make sure you adjust the bands in the tranny, at least once a year. Learn how to do it yourself and you'll save a few bucks

who sells valve body, torque converter, catless midpipes and what do I do about rear O2's?

Also is band adjustment hard to do?

not sure where you are located man, but give me a shout , we take care of caltracs and belanger headers and so forth, Santeen put you striaght, I suggest as he said the SCT programmer, contact torrie now, i think he has a sale that cant be beat, tell him jtsvp sent you man, his email is [email protected]
the caltracs and most of the other stuff we can def hook you up with bossman, but catless mids if you can , and an sct programmer will net you the largest gains, a convertor really wakens them up , but they are on the $$ side, depends on your budget here at the holidays an so forth, but give me a shout if you have any questions and will get ya hooked up or headed in the direction you need sir if we cant help ya

Santeen is slow, if you want to go fast, listen up, SCT, converter, headers, t-stat, CAI, then beef up the traction department. After that a 150 shot and be quicker than all these fags

phxpoolguy said:
Santeen is slow, if you want to go fast, listen up, SCT, converter, headers, t-stat, CAI, then beef up the traction department. After that a 150 shot and be quicker than all these fags

Haha. U know u got a bullseye on ur back. I'm comin after ur ass!!

FATJACK said:
Normally you shouldn't listen to Slow Steve but he is close to right this time.

U know ur way past due for a nut check, ya old fart. :D

the best mod for the buck is a 2nd job - mod'in these thuck's is like crack cocaine - very addicting and very expensive

the best mod for the buck is a 2nd job - mod'in these thuck's is like crack cocaine - very addicting and very expensive

That's about the smartest thing that I've ever heard you say. :D And you dont say many smart things.

Good advice. But these are the mods that you need, bottom line.
SCT
Torque Converter
Valve Body ( don't waste ur money or time on a shift kit.)
Catless midpipes
K& N drop in filter (don't waste ur money on an intake, unless ur looking for looks and not performance)
Catback exhaust.

And make sure you adjust the bands in the tranny, at least once a year. Learn how to do it yourself and you'll save a few bucks

I agree 500% with ya Steve on the valve body!:rock: the shift kit is a waste of money in my books and my tranny builders books too! Shift kit is just a band aid IMO, I'm sure they help a bit better then stock but if your looking for something that is going to drastically reduce band wear then increasing line pressure is the way to go with a modded valve body! I have Dusty Hawks - HTS Transmissions in my tranny!:rock:
Also one more must do mod is the GM solenoid swap in the tranny too!!

Last edited:

Funny but also very true, nothing is cheap for these trucks. Hell, I hear Steve is even charging now, :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back