bmw color?

by engine size, yes...

just wondering if that's enough...especially when loaded with all the gear for an adventure...

and the brakes are much better...

i dont use front brakes.
the power comes from the cam and an engine program.
once i learn the bike the cam will be swapped, ecu remapped, for a lot less then 2000 bucks.

i dont use front brakes.
the power comes from the cam and an engine program.
once i learn the bike the cam will be swapped, ecu remapped, for a lot less then 2000 bucks.

Hey dont say things like you dont use front brakes,, if that is how you ride you will kill yourself as the sales guy told you.. Your braking will typically be 70% front 30% rear thats how you are suposto ride a bike most new riders brake 100% front 0 % rear which is not as safe as using both but it would be impossible to stop using rear brakes only.. IMPOSSIBLE.. unless you keep it under 20mph at all time... then your good to go using rear brake only .

I sugest you read some books on how to ride a street bike or join some forums and go threw the tutorial sections as well.. You will have to learn to counter steer when in a corner on the road.. which works like this.. you want to turn left, but you physically turn the bars to the right, this will cause the bike to lean left and then turn left.. The harder you turn to the right the harder the bike will go left, and so on.. play with this in a parking lot or something before gettin on the road.

:dito:

You have to use front brakes. Without them, your going to eat the back of something.
And once you get the countersteering thing down, its awhole lot of fun. Very useful as well.

a little story to back up the theory, Ive got a buddy who has a cruiser style bike who has been riding for a year at the point I meet up with him.. So we take a mountain road to get to the peak of this mountain well to the viewing point to the peak about 8000feet, anyhow the road on the way up is cliff on the one side and rock face on the inside,, were talkin 600 feet easy off the side of the road.. Anyhow Im on my Duc blasting up the mountain he is behind taking his time which is expected.. So I wait up for him, and he than says " Ohh ill take the lead" i say " ok" just go your own pace dont try to keep ahead or impress me on your skills,, Anyhow he takes the latter of the two for advice, so hes pushing his limits big time, he does not know how to counter steer.. which I learned by watching him... So here is the deal.. were doing about 50mph into a 90% left turn which just so happens to be an area on the right side of the road where they stock piled sand to sand the road in the winter so there was a small clearing and no rock face that was viable.. Anyhow were going into the corner I see him leaning, and leaning.. and hes still going straight as hes going in to hot.. Im yelling counter steer in my head.. I can see he does not knwo how and is not doing this.. So he procedes to plow into a massive mound of sand left on the side of the road... and he excapes totaly fine.. But if it had been any other corner on that road and there is over 300 to the top.. he would have been over a 600foot plus cliff to his death, or into a rock face and probbably seriously injured him self ripping a leg or something... Anyhow I immedialy told him how to counter steer and when we got to the top in the parking lot he practiced this for 20 min and on the way down, he was going slow needless to say as he shit his pants previously... but he was taking corners much better and in much more control.. So sooby ya gotta do a little research before jumping on the street and takin the bmw down the road... So I suggest you go into a paved area and practice these tactics, lay out some cones or whatever and practice controlling the steering,, anyhow bro practice practice practice beroe getting into any highway speed cornering ...

Last edited:
:dito:

You have to use front brakes. Without them, your going to eat the back of something.
And once you get the countersteering thing down, its awhole lot of fun. Very useful as well.

sssshhhhh, don't spoil it!:dontknow:;)

yeah the dealer mentioned counter steer too. i have ridden dirt only. some mx bike on the road..... never counter steered. will learn i am sure.

you will like this hank, just rolled thru the I-10 AZ boarder patrol station. the guy was asking about my truck. told him the hp, he was like hit it when you get up a bit. i rolled 30 foot and let her rip, all the agents did a 180 to look, what a riot. think he had some explaining to do.

lemee guess...your gunna airbrush Scooby and shagy in the tank. with a joint in shaggy's mouth

yeah the dealer mentioned counter steer too. i have ridden dirt only. some mx bike on the road..... never counter steered. will learn i am sure.

\

Ya I rode dirtbikes my entire life and jumped on a street bike and was like wtf i cant turn this thing very sharp. Rode for years and never counter seared either... so ya its different but fun..

no, i am not a big shaggy fan.
i have picked out two photos already.
thank you google images....
i have to deside what one is going on the helmet
the first is scooby with a big hard-on, the second is...
cdca4f4475b2953bc64013d31cdcdda8.jpg

you will like this hank, just rolled thru the I-10 AZ boarder patrol station. the guy was asking about my truck. told him the hp, he was like hit it when you get up a bit. i rolled 30 foot and let her rip, all the agents did a 180 to look, what a riot. think he had some explaining to do.

haha, nice....he said "a bit" and in my book 30 feet is "a bit".:rock:

the bike is ready. handguards and crashbars installed. they are closed monday. tuesday morning i pick it up.

need to find mexico and S.A. insurance.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back