boomer's clutch kit

the-bigun

Reaction score
heh everybody, just had boomer's clutch kit (centerforce) installed and have seen alot of questions on how and where the "shims" go!!!! as for the slave cyl. shim, it can only go one place, can't screw that up but the shim for the master cyl. i'm posting pix of!!!!! the studs are just barely long enough under the dash for the retainer plate (you can just make them out)!!! hope this helps somebody!!!

p.s. it's killing me driving like an old lady for 500 mi.

DSCF0869.JPG

DSCF0871.JPG

DSCF0872.JPG

the-bigun said:
heh everybody, just had boomer's clutch kit (centerforce) installed and have seen alot of questions on how and where the "shims" go!!!! as for the slave cyl. shim, it can only go one place, can't screw that up but the shim for the master cyl. i'm posting pix of!!!!! the studs are just barely long enough under the dash for the retainer plate (you can just make them out)!!! hope this helps somebody!!!

p.s. it's killing me driving like an old lady for 500 mi.

View attachment 19716

View attachment 19717

View attachment 19718
the kit i got from roe came with replacement longer bolts to work with the 1/2" shim........ i guess you need to purchase bolts that are at least 1/2" longer than the stock ones.......:)

the studs are long enough, but just barely!!!! as for boomers kit....great kit and super price!!!! i got a new(stock) flywheel too!!!! boomer was super helpful and returned all my phone calls and answered all my questions prior to installation!!!! everybody should not hesitate to buy from this vender!!!!!

Please tell me you put Loctite® on those nuts in the pics. :confused: The nylon is nowhere near the threads!
We don't want to read about something bad later.:(

Damn Patrick! Pretty early in your part of the Pacific isn't it?

yes the break-in period is important i'm told!!!!! i'm getting alittle chatter on take off, did i read somewhere that this is normal???? i'm thinking it's just the clutch seating in, is this a correct assumption??? also my old clutch disc was far from wore out!!!! i was surprised!!!! it would slip real bad under hard exceleration and no way for a burn-out, was this the crappy slave cyl or the master cyl.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Probably. It is widely accepted and recommended that when you replace the clutch you do three things:

1. Go to the Centerforce clutch
2. Add the Viper slave and master cyls
3. Check/replace the flywheel.

Deleting any of the above may mean going back and doing it again.

Chatter is normal. I had some at very slow speeds.

Prof.........last nights post was last night, not morning time!! I paid for the late night all day today................my rock n roll days are done!!! LOL

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back