BRAKE PADS

You are probably right as I usually buy enough stuff that the shipping is either free or it is less than the tax would be at the store.
But I was not meaning to insinuate you would buy anything from a manufactures website as I have always found much cheaper prices elsewhere on the same product unless they are having an inventory reduction sale(Like some wheel manufactures have from time to time, Centerline being one).
A Google search should turn up dozens of parts places that I would almost guarantee would be cheaper if he was buying front and rear to his door.
I have been wrong repeatedly in the past so there is no reason to believe past performance will not be repeated in any advice given :(

QClikeKW said:
You are probably right as I usually buy enough stuff that the shipping is either free or it is less than the tax would be at the store.
But I was not meaning to insinuate you would buy anything from a manufactures website as I have always found much cheaper prices elsewhere on the same product unless they are having an inventory reduction sale(Like some wheel manufactures have from time to time, Centerline being one).
A Google search should turn up dozens of parts places that I would almost guarantee would be cheaper if he was buying front and rear to his door.
I have been wrong repeatedly in the past so there is no reason to believe past performance will not be repeated in any advice given :(

I do hope (that) my disagreement wasn't offensive....

They tell me that my stuff reads 300% harsher than I mean it.....:eek:

I do find that manufacturers are usually higher because they want to encourage buyers to use a distributor. After all, it wouldn't do to undercut your own distribution network.....

That's probably why AutoZone was so inexpensive in this case...

D

Django said:
Hot Ram....!

Did you get your pads.....?

D

I am going today.

I have been putting my Caltracs on and being so detail oriented,it is taking a LONG time.I cleaned everything under the truck and painted it black.Since the wheels were off I painted the rotors with silver-ceramic paint.Used the same stuff on the differential and exhaust pipes.I also polished up the X-Metal lowering blocks and painted them with the DupliColor red anodized paint (not true anodizing,but looks SWEET !!!!).Also cleaned the leaf springs while they were out.

A big thanks to my friend Shawn who helped me press the bushings out and Louderback Implement for the use of the press.:rock: I had the new aluminum bushings in the freezer for about a month.I sanded and lubed the spring "eye" for ease of assembly.Slid in like a pecker with AstroGlide into a cheap hooker..:eek: ............anyway,back to the details:D ..........

I let everything dry overnight and will begin assembly around 10 am today.Can't wait to get her back on the road again:) .It has been sitting for over two weeks !!:mad: :mad: I am going to let the truck down and put 300 lbs weight in the bed and THEN tighten my shackle bolts.I am hoping this will let my truck sit lower than it did before.I tightened it all up with the springs hanging and the truck sitting with jack stands under the frame the first time I installed the lowering kit.

I am also using a good quality grease on everything before re-assembly.It may have taken me about three days total,but I live for the details.:D

UPDATE

................since Auto Zone can no longer get the 0965-20 Performance Friction front brake pads for the 04 SRT (also fits 04 RAM 2500/3500),I have been searching for a good deal and finally found it at RaceShopper.com .

They were $48 plus shipping ($56 total)

I got the rears from drcraig at a steal ! Thanks !

I have a set of REAR EBC Greens if anyone is interested... Paid $90 plus shipping from Gary at X-Metal. Brand new in the box, never opened. Best offer takes them.

IMG_0298-vi.jpg

An interesting point about brake pads....

I called the dealer about brake pads... The OEM rear pads are about $250...

B.F.S.................

D

Django said:
An interesting point about brake pads....

I called the dealer about brake pads... The OEM rear pads are about $250...

B.F.S.................

D

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are crazy !

I think that once Perf.Fric. marketing realized that they were being used on our trucks they figured "If they can afford a truck like that,they can pay more for these pads" (still don't know what the story is at AutoZone)

what are the part #'s for the front and rear performance friction pads for 05 QC

VIPR PWR said:
what are the part #'s for the front and rear performance friction pads for 05 QC

I don't know what those numbers are for the "05...Mine's an '04... Sorry...

But here's an interesting wrinkle in the foreskin of my sojourn for brake pads...:

I took the beast in today to slip the rear pads in.... The only good guy in the service dept... (a guy whom I'd given a ride in the beast) gave me a great deal on putting them in ($79).... Previously, the price from another service rep was $137.... (fkrs)...

So, I take my pads (#0702.20) and they roll me into the bay... 5 minz later the wrench walks over and interrupts my Cohiba Limitade to tell me that I bought the wrong pads.... I found his assertion somewhat incredulous... :dontknow: :(

I mean, I had ordered the pads under the correct stock number and had triple checked it..... Unfortunately, some dipshit had put the front pads in the box for the rear pads and they were about an inch too short...:eek:

Thankfully, upon calling AutoZone I was told that they had the pads at a store near my house, so I went my and matched them up... I finally had the right pads and there was no extra charge...:D

Tuesday, I'll have 'em put in...... God willin'.....:rock:

D

I'm happy with my EBCs, though they did take a long time to bed-in. There's almost no dust on the front and definitely none on the rear. Besides, the green pads in the red calipers make me think it's Christmas all year long.:D

Porterfield R4-S's are pretty good ;) Put them to the test..better than stock..a little less fade and just a little less dust.

I have the zeckhausen pads but have not installed them yet. The set for front and rear was $110 for my 06. I believe they are about the same for 04. 05 is exactly the same price.

I know Kevan has them since his truck is pictureds on their site. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this company. I spoke with Dave @ Zeckhausen and was very helpful.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back