Carbon Fiber Hood

great minds think alike....:D ...don't know why we came up with it though....:dontknow:

The guy on Ebay is a distributor or middleman and won't let me come by and see it....:dontknow: ...uhh ohh....

He did give the company's website and I have now e-mailed them....they make carbon fiber doors (not for our trucks) but what a mod that would be for us.....

Again....can you paint this stuff....???????

Nowwhat said:
The guy on Ebay is a distributor or middleman and won't let me come by and see it....:dontknow: ...uhh ohh....

He did give the company's website and I have now e-mailed them....they make carbon fiber doors (not for our trucks) but what a mod that would be for us.....

Again....can you paint this stuff....???????
yes you can paint it no problem. treat it like fiberglass. looks kinda cool unpainted on a black truck. something is funny if you cant look at it, and his disclaimer is friggin hardcore

BOOMER said:
yes you can paint it no problem. treat it like fiberglass. looks kinda cool unpainted on a black truck. something is funny if you cant look at it, and his disclaimer is friggin hardcore

yep....to bad Racketman isn't around he could scam a free one then we would now if they are good or not....:D ...

I will visit the actual factory...If I get one will have them install it....

I dunna know bout this one, All products sold as is, no refunds once order is placed, 25%cancellation fee, No warranty on items, Item may not fit precisely and require bodyshop modification...Sounds a lil sketchy to me

FerrariTruck said:
I dunna know bout this one, All products sold as is, no refunds once order is placed, 25%cancellation fee, No warranty on items, Item may not fit precisely and require bodyshop modification...Sounds a lil sketchy to me
thats what i am thinking, i dont know how a Visa chargeback would hold up against them.......:dontknow:

Always a day late. I need to read the post more often. He did email me saying he was going to call me with more info on the hood. Sounds like Nowwhat already got the anwsers.

Hey Guy's

I know a certain fellow on this board that has thought about doing this. His name is Voodoo.....A great craftsman and a fine Mechanic...Drop him a PM and pick his brain :D :rock:

Man I really want someone to try one of these hoods. They would be a huge weight savings.

Just a lil info boys as I've dealt with VIS in the past and have one of their hoods on my BMW as well as my lil brother having had one on a previous vehicle. First off the quality is decent as with most every aftermarket CF hood I've come across factory gaps when closed can be a bit off and generally you do have to spend a bit of time to align things to within a tolerable standard ( I'm a fussy bastard ). Neither of us at any point used hood pins as imo their straight assy lookin!! I understand the safety merits but my lil bro drove his car round trip 45 miles daily to work for close to 2 years without issue. The underside of the hoods were not finished in CF which always annoyed me as my BMW was a show vehicle for a few years. They claimed the hood to have weighed about 15-18 lbs but it did feel a bit heavier than that but definately less than a factory hood... here's a few pics so you get the idea, we did a lil custom paintwork to help it blend into the vehicle. Anything I can help with feel free to ask!!

craighood1.jpg

craighood3.jpg

oooohhh......ahhhhh......man the paint work is a killer idea...nicely done...............

What did the underside look like?

That hood is sure sharp. After looking at a few different hoods. I would be nice to incorparate a vent section like on the ferrari engine bay. Would let all the heat out!!! Easy to do with CF or FG. Well kinda easy! The paint and CF mixed looked great!! :rock:

Unfortunately I don't have any underhood shots with detail of the underside of the hood but it's just a flat gelcoated black with the cf wrap to within a inch or so of the underside of the hood.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back