CEL with X-metal mids

Halligan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CEL came on yesterday, said P0420 = cat efficiency.

I have the X-metal mids. I thought I had the mecahnical sims- thought they were built in with the mids itself. Does anyone have a link for these or any suggestions to remedy this problem?

These are the exact mids I bought . . . .

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14717

You can see in the pictures. . . and they came complete with the sims.

thanks!

Last edited:
actually, i didn't see any sims in the pics, just mids with the sensor bungs in them..... the front two bungs you just install the o2 sensors back in, the rear two have the sims installed first........

mechanical sims are different from electrical..... with mechanical, you install the mechanical sims in the back two o2 sensor positions, then install your o2 sensor into the sims...... see pic in link:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=133&t=229959

i used the #42002 part's from any local parts store for ~$6.00 a packet (you need a packet for each side)....... from each of the two packets, you need to drill out one of them with a 1/2" drill bit & install them like in the pics in the link above.... you'll probably have to unplug your battery to clear the code (~30 mins) & some driving time may also be involved to clear the code.....

what they do is remove your o2 sensors out of the exhaust stream enough to fool it into thinking there are cats...... work great on my system for months.........

any q's, just ask.

Last edited:
just put the sims on reset the pcm and you will be fine... just don't take to long or the 02 sensors might go bad.... i had to replace the sensors for driving to long w/out sims....

alrighty...I found the parts at autozone, I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow. How do I know if my 02 sensors are bad??

IT'S GOING TO IDLE BAD... THE SMELL IS SOMETHING THAT BURN YOUR EYES AND THATS BECAUSE THE PCM IS MAKING A BAD MIX OF AIR/FUEL....
IF THAT HAPPEN.. DON'T DRIVE IT THE BEAST.

It smells rich, that's all. I'm going to try and get this done tomorrow - gotta go buy the parts and a new jack.

Last question - Will I be able to get at my 02 sensors without dropping the whole midpipe??

sweet deal. I'll give it a whirl.

I just sent this message to mopar racing:

I just got done wrenching...I'm a little frustrated.

The driver side: Both foulers went in perfect...no trouble at all.

Passenger side: HORRIBLE! The transmission gets in the way if I try to stack the foulers, so I only could use one. So, it's probably not going to work, right? I ended up using the drilled out fouler, and plugging that directly into the bung. I even had to unbolt the mid from the header, to drop the mid down about a 1/2 an inch to squeeze just one fouler in. Then, I had to bolt it up. Eventhen, the wiring protector to the O2 sensor hits the side of transmission!!!!!

Let me know what you think. The PCM reset by disconnecting the battery, and the CEL went away.

I'm going to drive it right now to the gym, and see if it comes back on.

Thanks again for your help. If worst comes to worst, I'll have a mopar PCM by next week. That's the only PCM that I know that gets rid of the o2 reading all together.

Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks to all that have helped so far.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back