Clutch hydraulic connector doesn't fit!

Overclocker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Viper slave cylinder, Roe part CSC-D701148, for my 2004 Ram SRT-10 last week. I'm having no luck with the factory clutch master cylinder male hydraulic connector plugging into the the new Viper slave cylinder. No matter how firmly I attempt to plug the line into the slave cylinder, it won't snap in.

Of course, I found this out only after having bolted up the trans again...

Is the factory master cylinder and Viper slave cylinder a supported combination? Is there more than one slave cylinder? Did I buy the wrong one? I thought at there was only one unit! Is the Viper master cylinder required with the Viper slave cylinder? Has anyone else experience this issue? Is my truck weird?

(Question pending with Roe as well. Just wanted input from the community as well.)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the master has to be changed as well. They changed the ends (quick connector) so each system only works with the proper counterpart.:(

Actually, that's not terrible news. It's a solution! May be a small PITA, but that's OK. The terrible news would be that I have to take the trans out again. In the clutch hydro upgrade kit from Roe, where does that spacer go? Please tell me it goes behind the master cylinder...

There is a spacer that comes with the slave, 1/4" I believe, but the master uses about a 3/8" spacer that goes between the firewall and the master. It keeps the clutch pedal from being to far up. The master can be changed out in about 30 minutes and I believe just 2 15mm nuts under the dash. Make sure to bench bleed the new master out of the truck to rid of any air bubbles prior to install.

OK...well if I have to pull the trans again to install the spacer under the slave cylinder, at least I know that this is a known issue with a solution. I'll order the clutch hydro kit from Roe without the slave cylinder. Then I'll have the right setup.

I really appreciate the insight. I was on the edge of panic. I have a week to get this thing back together before I have to use it as a support vehicle for the American Cancer Society Westerville Relay For Life event.

i mistakenly got a viper slave this last go round and didn't realize it until i went and tried to hook up the master cylinder lines:mad: on the table they look close...and i didn't give it a second look...

you COULD pry off the quick disconnect of the viper slave and probably use it with the oem master...but you'd have to remove the slave (and trans) to install the right quick disconnect, either way...:dontknow:

Since I already 'installed' the Viper slave cylinder, I didn't feel it was right to attempt a return, or the expense of buying another slave cylinder. The OEM unit leaked like a sieve after only 18,000 miles, so I figured that I'd try a different design. My master cylinder makes a rubbery squeaky noise as well, so I figured it was a reasonable, if expensive, thing to replace. Probably should have just bought the OEM anyway and saved $300. But that would have been the smart thing to do.

OK...well if I have to pull the trans again to install the spacer under the slave cylinder, at least I know that this is a known issue with a solution. I'll order the clutch hydro kit from Roe without the slave cylinder. Then I'll have the right setup.

I really appreciate the insight. I was on the edge of panic. I have a week to get this thing back together before I have to use it as a support vehicle for the American Cancer Society Westerville Relay For Life event.

OK well, first things first. What clutch are you running? If not mistaken the Slave Spacer is only for running some aftermarket clutches to get full disengagement. Shouldn't be neccessary for a factory clutch at all.;)

OK well, first things first. What clutch are you running? If not mistaken the Slave Spacer is only for running some aftermarket clutches to get full disengagement. Shouldn't be neccessary for a factory clutch at all.;)

I'm still on the factory clutch. If it is the case that the spacer is not required with the factory or OEM clutch, then that will save me some time. I'll hang onto that spacer since the clutch will need to be replaced someday.

take the braided line off the viper master, take the line off the oem master an swap them

Well if you knew more about the trucks and hydros you'd know that cannot work. Not only is the quick disconnect side different but the other end that goes into the master is different as well. Besides having to find the hose somewhere. I have taken a Viper quick connect and had it spliced onto my factory master line, but again you'd need the Viper line which would likely only come with a new master;)

you are oh so correct, I have no idea of what I am talking about, never ever done it before either, dam I guess I will have to just close up shop

either way , if you wnat to knwo how to do it overclocker, call me

THIS IS MY LAST POST EVER ON VTCOA

thanks its been a good nice deal, to those that I have been able to help ,

to those friends of mine, I will be on the vipers of the world from here out.

later

Well if you knew more about the trucks and hydros you'd know that cannot work. Not only is the quick disconnect side different but the other end that goes into the master is different as well. Besides having to find the hose somewhere. I have taken a Viper quick connect and had it spliced onto my factory master line, but again you'd need the Viper line which would likely only come with a new master;)

not exactly...you can put the qd from an oem slave on the end where it would be on the oem slave...pull the pin, yadda yadda........;)

not exactly...you can put the qd from an oem slave on the end where it would be on the oem slave...pull the pin, yadda yadda........;)

That's if he wanted to take the tranny back apart which he didn't. Was trying to save him from that as I have done it about 5 times now,lol:rock:

i know you have to take the trans back out...ask me how i know:D ;)

but THEN he won't have a wasted slave...and he's got the right fitting on the old slave...

i don't see any way out...either you drop the trans, leave the slave...or leave the slave, install new master and shims...i think...or maybe i just confused myself:D

i know you have to take the trans back out...ask me how i know:D ;)

but THEN he won't have a wasted slave...and he's got the right fitting on the old slave...

i don't see any way out...either you drop the trans, leave the slave...or leave the slave, install new master and shims...i think...or maybe i just confused myself:D

Well, he should have been sold the whole kit as it is a KIT! When he got the slave from WHOMEVER, he should have been told he would need the master. The correct was to go forward is to put in the Viper master. Just sayin, lol. Damn Nazi mods,:rock:

Not sure about Roe, but doesn't (or didn't), Justin sell the kit as a whole?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back