Consistent 230 coolant temp

Welcome to the site. Your right about the higher temperature for newer vehicles with regard to emissions. Trucks at my work aren't considered to be running hot until 235 and then only if the CEL comes on. Without the CEL it's assumed that the gauge is wrong first unless there are other indicators , leaks on ground, belt broke, etc.

This is the only active forum that I have found for these trucks. Several great people and/or vendors on here but just like viper car owners there are a few who think that the world shakes when they blink their eyes. The very first thing they will do is call you a name from grade school to prove their superiority and then giggle amongst themselves. You have to find a way to accept it or be alone with your truck.

I've been on several other forums and already forgot more about 60-70s Mopars and B/RB engines than I will ever remember about this one truck and have never seen a forum as rude as this one. Even over the simplest questions we wouldn't chastise someone for not searching through 20 threads with 30 posts each to find the one post that actually gave some information about our question. I compare other Mopar forums and this forum to the GM forums that were looked down upon by the Bloomington Gold Certified corvette guys back in the 90s, hell, maybe they still are.

And like I said, it's not everyone for sure, you've seen the answers already, you just have to decide how much it's worth to get information from.

Let the flamers begin.

Well I guess you told me. Not.

Had the OP just asked a simple question, no issue.

Say that the truck is running hot for a month and have towed with it to boot, and then tell me you're a master mechanic... Yeah I'm gonna give you crap. The shoemaker's kids go barefoot.

Another vote for a clogged/inefficient radiator. Both my V10 vehicles cruise around 190-210 range (confirmed with data logger).

there is nothing in the rad to clog it. Not sure what it would clog with . unless someone put some stopleak in it.

there is nothing in the rad to clog it. Not sure what it would clog with . unless someone put some stopleak in it.

over time corrosion builds up and little by little it can develop a blockage. It is more evident in iron block engines however aluminum does corrode just not at the rate iron does.

*DISCLAIMER: I didn't have time to do a works cited page, sorry. :(

Well I guess you told me. Not.

Had the OP just asked a simple question, no issue.

Say that the truck is running hot for a month and have towed with it to boot, and then tell me you're a master mechanic... Yeah I'm gonna give you crap. The shoemaker's kids go barefoot.

I join you sir.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back