Datson 280Z kill

I really wasn't going to do anything but I was sitting there thinking...I wonder...and then bam there he goes so I stomped it. It was a long 2 lane one way street with no one around and it didn't last very long. The one thing about here in Illinois is the sucky winter. Not being able to drive your hot rod so you start to get the itch. Also my car has been at the body shop getting a complete make over all new sheet metal except for roof so I have been missing the power thing. The SRT helps cure that little.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
hey chad i wasn't tryin to bust your chops or nothin man, i would think that with a car like your firebird that you'd kinda think similar to me, i don't really street race much nothin around here tries anyway. but i know my 5000lb truck will get owned by most stock mustangs at a stop light race, given a little room yeah i'll smoke him but in town i don't even try

Thats all right man. No harm. I was just a little embarrassed after the post thinking maybe I should have posted that.

chad434sc said:
Thats all right man. No harm. I was just a little embarrassed after the post thinking maybe I should have posted that.

I say good kill. For all you know the guy could have been spraying. It could have been a sleeper and if you had not gone all out then you would have been a kill. I will race a school bus and post it as a kill, I dont give a F***!!!!!! :burnout:

Nice kill... But I thought the 280Z was synonymous with kill anyway. WOW I haven't seen a Datsun product running around for a long time now... :hmmmm:a LONG time.

chad434sc said:
It was the first guy that had even tried to race so I stomped it. Look I am used to a 9 second street car and when I am in that no one really messes with me. But in the truck I think some people just think its a regular truck. Man I wish I wouldnt have even posted it know. I had just thought it was all in good fun.

ya bro post all ya want it is all in good fun no matter what ya race . but like others said common now try to keep up the rep and race some solid cars lol :)

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
hey chad i wasn't tryin to bust your chops or nothin man, i would think that with a car like your firebird that you'd kinda think similar to me, i don't really street race much nothin around here tries anyway. but i know my 5000lb truck will get owned by most stock mustangs at a stop light race, given a little room yeah i'll smoke him but in town i don't even try

owned by a stock mustang at a light??? are you kidding??? you obviously need a serious Driver Mod if this is happening to you...

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
owned by a stock mustang at a light??? are you kidding??? you obviously need a serious Driver Mod if this is happening to you...

For real! No stocker Stang has even come close to my truck...:dontknow:

Django said:

I've been a "Z" car aficionado for a long time. I had a 260Z 2+2. I put on the triple Weber carbs and headers. It was pretty fast. I also had a 300ZX ('85). Had a friend with a 280ZX Turbo and my father had a 300ZX na 222 hp (same body style as yours). Somewhere along there I outgrew them. Just can't squeeze myself into them any more. But they sure do catch my eye.

My "Z" will be lurking very soon.....getting her freshened up a bit with a couple of HKS ball-bearing hair dryers....:D

shoppics038az3.jpg

Back