Debadged Today

K-80-123 said:
Nice Sliver....looks good.....all by stinking badges are coming off too....:):)

Walt

I would send JH's back to him, just so he knows you are not advertizing his shit.

greatone61 said:
Sweet job Silver!! Hey does that adhesive remover hurt the paint?

Nope. That's what it's designed for.

On the doors, I used a couple strips of painters tape to keep it from running behind the body cladding.

I would be sure to wax the area after you are done. It will strip the wax off for sure.

That does look clean!! :rock:

Damn You - Now you've got me wanting to remove the badges from my doors.:p

Silverback said:
Nope. That's what it's designed for.

On the doors, I used a couple strips of painters tape to keep it from running behind the body cladding.

I would be sure to wax the area after you are done. It will strip the wax off for sure.

Thanks for the tips bro, I am going to put the viper emblems on the doors, this will help me get the RAM part off.

Silverback said:
I started out this morning to do my Spring cleanup on the truck. That means wash, claybar, wash again, and 2 or 3 coats of Zaino. Well I was using Q-Tips to clean around the SRT-10 emblems on the doors and tailgait and could not get all the dirt out from around them. Did not want to wax over the dirt so I got out the fishing line and did away with them. Damn, wish I had done this sooner. I really like the clean look of no emblems.

Looks great brother Silver! :top:

Venom Power said:
Hey monkey man, how long did it take you to remove the pesky goop that sticks those letters on? I removed the DODGE from the tailgate and it took me long enough to where I really am not looking forward to doing the doors. What's your secret? There may be a nanner in it for you.....

I removed mine the same as Silver. Total time for complete removal about 1 hour.

Sliver I debadged today as well.....took all the badges off my truck except the small Twin Turbo badges on the doors and tail gate.....that 3M stuff works good....the badges came off really quick with 10lb fishing line a pair of gloves and saw back and forth....then spray the 3M on and took a plastic putty knife and had to spay and scrape till all the goo was gone....then wax and shine....looks great....I will post some pics soon.

My ass is draging right now...so I will try to post up some pics tonight..:)

Walt

K-80-123 said:
Sliver I debadged today as well.....took all the badges off my truck except the small Twin Turbo badges on the doors and tail gate.....that 3M stuff works good....the badges came off really quick with 10lb fishing line a pair of gloves and saw back and forth....then spray the 3M on and took a plastic putty knife and had to spay and scrape till all the goo was gone....then wax and shine....looks great....I will post some pics soon.

My ass is draging right now...so I will try to post up some pics tonight..:)

Walt
and you call yourself a cyclist :confused: :D Lazy Bastard :p

Pictures don't do the debadge mod justice. I wasn't a big fan of it until I did it. Looks good Silver.

Smoke

NBT said:
I removed mine the same as Silver. Total time for complete removal about 1 hour.

Yeah it took me an hour or so just to remove the DODGE off the tail gate. Sure didn't want to go through that again. But this time I will follow both yours and monkey man's wisdom by utilizing your methods for the doors. 50 lb. test line should do. Was any heat applied to soften the goop prior to removal?

I used a pair of needle nose vice grips and a heat gun. Clamp onto the letter in a good spot and heat evenly till its starts to melt and pull. It won't get the glue off but it will get all the letter and some of the glue.

Venom Power said:
Yeah it took me an hour or so just to remove the DODGE off the tail gate. Sure didn't want to go through that again. But this time I will follow both yours and monkey man's wisdom by utilizing your methods for the doors. 50 lb. test line should do. Was any heat applied to soften the goop prior to removal?

No heat on mine. It was in the mid 70's and in the shade when I did it.

Man silver, that is sexy, even if it is a banana with an engine... I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon now....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back