Do we use the same clutch as the viper?

trubuilt said:
why not trade the RC for a QC??????

If I could actually find a straight trade I probably would, that way Nicole could drive it too. I just don't think I'd find someone with a QC wanting to trade for a 04 with 50k on the clock. :eek:

FATJACK said:
See Post #10...

I can't wait until I get my hitch, I don't think it will be a problem, it's just discouraging seeing everyone here say that it's not good. What's the worst that can happen?? :eek:

Ive towed probably 2000+ miles with over 4K #'s on a 21' steel rollback trailer (about 2500#'s) with my RC with 4.10's. Use common sense and be real easy on taking off and you will be fine. Ive towed another 3K + with a seadoo as well, there is nothing wrong with doing it. I also installed helper airbags to raise the back end up and keep it off the bumpstops. A short truck riding on the bumpstops with too much/not enough tongue weight can get really spooky to drive, be careful and take the necessary steps to tow safely.
Justin

Towing a jet ski...........no problem. Giant horse trailer with multiple horses inside.......f#cking scary dude!!! Your 4.10 gears are not gonna help. Clutch is gonna hate it. Is your clutch/hydrolics still all stock? Does it have 50k miles on it?
Your asking for a lot to tow that big ass trailer with your RC. I burned up my clutch slipping it at the track several times. I cringe at the thought of pulling that trailer, knowing that your gonna raise those rpms as you let the clutch out slowing trying to get it moving. Any kind of hill and your really f#cked.

Your better off borrowing or renting a truck when you need to tow. Clutch system replacement with labor...........about $1500.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Towing a jet ski...........no problem. Giant horse trailer with multiple horses inside.......f#cking scary dude!!! Your 4.10 gears are not gonna help. Clutch is gonna hate it. Is your clutch/hydrolics still all stock? Does it have 50k miles on it?
Your asking for a lot to tow that big ass trailer with your RC. I burned up my clutch slipping it at the track several times. I cringe at the thought of pulling that trailer, knowing that your gonna raise those rpms as you let the clutch out slowing trying to get it moving. Any kind of hill and your really f#cked.

Your better off borrowing or renting a truck when you need to tow. Clutch system replacement with labor...........about $1500.

patrick

I've actually found towing with the 6speed quite easy. Most I've had was around 5000lbs but I'm often carrying 1200-1500lbs in the bed which is far worse then towing 5000lbs. No jack rabbit starts but you can easily take off with very little clutch slippage. I've got 70K miles on my original clutch.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back