Drive Belt Issue

ViperHpBrick

Reaction score
http://photobucket.com/mytotaledsrt10 2004 ram s
Frst post so bare with me. I have a 04 RC it has 8500 miles on it. My last belt was making some nosies so looked at it and realized it hopped one of the ribs on the one of the pulleys. So I put the new one on today and when I start the truck it keeps on jumping one of the ribs on one of the pulleys. I have tried to fix it and every time I do the same thing keeps on happening. Also the belt I bought was a pepboys special until my local dealer gets one in. Not sure if this could be part of the cause or not. Is there better belts than the mopar one? ( the belt does not slip all the way off just slides over on the pulley one of the lines on the belt) thanks in advanced..

Welcome to the forum :)

Check to see what is out of alignment, the 04's are notorious for the harmonic balancer bolt being loose, so make sure that is tight, causing the best to go out of whack....

Welcome to the forum

-Red

Have you checked the bolt on the pulley? They have been known to come loose.

ViperHpBrick said:
Thanks Red. Which one is the harmonic balancer? I check the crank pulley it seemed to be fine.

Harmonic / crank....you got it already :)

I would check to see what is out of alignment...its not normal for a belt to jump, seems something isn't right (maybe idler, etc...)

-Red

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back