Ebay selling advice

VIPER D.N.A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like #007 might be going up on the Bay. What do you guys think the best time to end an auction is? Weekends, Weekday, night, day?

Any suggestions for a starting price? I hate the damn $100.00 increments they force you to use. In the past buyers have told me they would of bid more but they had to outbid themselves to meet the reserve!:mad: So if you start low to attract attention you have to accumulate 1000s of bids to get to where it needs to be. On the flipside, if you start at a fair price no one pays attention because everyone is looking for a steal right now.

For those who don't know my truck is Yellow Fever #007 with 20k miles, Promo truck used by Dodge, Very Clean truck with nice mods.

Any other ideas? or does anyone want to buy my truck yet?:D

Id say end it on a weeknight around 9:00pm (depending where you are located). That way most people are off work and at home by then. The weekends their usually out and about...just my .02 though...

man I dont know dude, I have pimped your truck all over, even called one guy a dumba#$, he bought one with more miles and less mods:confused:

the truck is def one of the best around, personallly I would try the dupont registry also, you will get a much higher class of buyers bud, and the truck is def worth it:rock:

Psycho Mythic said:
Id say end it on a weeknight around 9:00pm (depending where you are located). That way most people are off work and at home by then. The weekends their usually out and about...just my .02 though...

no way codeman ,,,end it on a sunday evening around 7 or 8 pm ,,i always start auction on a thursady evening run it for 10 days ,,then you will get two weekends of lookings ,,:rock: o ya make sure you put every keyword you can think of in title ,,,,like ---dodge ram srt-10 viper 8.3 v10 limited edition #007 cram it full ,,that way you will pop up everywere !

Last edited:
Man I wish I had the free cash to make an offer... Someone going to be one lucky mother. Best of luck!

Try aiming for an evening on a weekend....people on there at that time tend to have had a good long fun day with some drinking and make impulse buys.

2 years ago My dad one Sunday night after drinking by the pool all day went on just searching and ended up buying an ultra light plane.

Ironhead said:
no way codeman ,,,end it on a sunday evening around 7 or 8 pm ,,i always start auction on a thursady evening run it for 10 days ,,then you will get two weekends of lookings ,,:rock: o ya make sure you put every keyword you can think of in title ,,,,like ---dodge ram srt-10 viper 8.3 v10 limited edition #007 cram it full ,,that way you will pop up everywere !
I also used to sell in eBay and everything he mentioned is %100 correct!!

How about just a Buy it now with a best offer. Make it simple. If someone really wants the truck they will contact you on it.

A few words of advice with Ebay.

You will get all kinds of people making offers to the side and to take the sale offline. My buyer backed down offline after committing to buying. He later came back and bought it, guess he had cold feet. I would have kept the sale on eBay but I would have had to shellout another $100 bones and the guy had perfect feedback, so I took the gamble. Next time I will be sure to get a deposit before I take anything offline.

E Bay is the way to go for a quick sell, however you will have to price it right to sell. If you ask more than what its really worth it will be hard to move. Detach yourself emotionally from the truck and look online and compare yours to what others are selling for. Take lots of clear pictures with a great background like a nice house, lake, or cool building, make sure the truck is super clean, under the hood, door jambs, wheel wells, and undercarriage. I use tire foam like its going out of style...it brings back the new look under fender wells. Spend the money to post extra pictures they are like 20 cents. List in detail as much about the truck as you can such as service intervals, storage conditions and what not.

Start the bidding at a penny with a reserve...yes a penny..You have more people bidding with that starting price and it will pop out to those looking for a 10 that one truck is getting more bids than others.

Happy Selling! Cheers!

Thanks for the tips fellas.

Now that I think about it I'm going to try the Dupont Registry before Ebay. I agree with Stinker on the type of people who look at it. Never thought of it before which is strange cause I used to flip through it all the time. I used to laugh at some of the ads because of their outrageous prices and thought that people just wanted to see their cars in the magazine. :)

For some reason I'm viewing Ebay as a last resort. Maybe I don't really want to sell. :dontknow:

VIPER D.N.A said:

Now that I think about it I'm going to try the Dupont Registry before Ebay. I agree with Stinker on the type of people who look at it. Never thought of it before which is strange cause I used to flip through it all the time. I used to laugh at some of the ads because of their outrageous prices and thought that people just wanted to see their cars in the magazine. :)

For some reason I'm viewing Ebay as a last resort. Maybe I don't really want to sell. :dontknow:
if you dont mind pm me your contact number , I have a number of folks that have been looking for trucks:)

if u want 27.5, i would put it up to 28 if u did a Buy It Now, just because ebay takes alot for commission.

also how about putting it on Vehix and/or Autotrader?

VIPER D.N.A said:

Dupont Registry is the tits :rock: I buy one every once in a while, they definatley arent cheap. But if you want top dollar for your truck, thats the place to be :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back