ECU Vin Flash Question?

rocketracingsrt10

Reaction score
Bought a B&G Stage II Ecu. Spoke to Dc they wanted $150 to vin flash, B&G wanted $130. But spoke to my local dodge dealer and they said they would Vin Flash it for $45. Service manager said it would just update the vin on the ecu and wouldnt affect the tune in the ECU. Is this right, can i have them do it without a problem? Thanks for all your help guys.

i'm a dealer and we can not reflash a vin# in a pcm. sounds like the guy you talked to doesnt know what he is talking about. Dealers' software will only allow to program a vin in a new pcm

Thanks guys. Was a little weary of it as well. But he said that it is no different than a customer bringing in a used computer out of a salvage vehicle and getting it vin flashed to put in theres bc theres went bad? Not sure what to think now. Might just call B&G. Just thought it was alot of money difference whise.

It can be done . I just bought a ecu from Fahrenheit i just flashed the vin . I use same equipment as dealer does.

with drb 3 you go into the skim module and select replace ecu enter your vehicle pin and thats it

and it re-writes your vin in the pcm from the skim module? what if the vehicle doesnt have skim?

Our trucks have skims . it flashes the vin thats in ur skim to the ecu.

Mine worked like a champ. you just have to know how to use the drb

i understand all of our trucks have skim. I've been using the drb for over 10 years and have never knew this. Thanks will have to try it.

TheMoparConnection said:
i understand all of our trucks have skim. I've been using the drb for over 10 years and have never knew this. Thanks will have to try it.

I smell a deal coming on vin flashes :rock: :rock:

You just need the vehicle pin number and once u enter that in it will show the vin and ask u if its correct .hit enter and its done.

It rocks. night and day difference .should have done it long ago.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back