Exhaust sounds like a rice-burner-HELP

We built the motor this winter and after a number of dyno pulls the exhaust note sounds like one of those fart boxes on a civic. The truck has Bassani headers, X-metal catless mids, ansd a Magnaflow catback. At over 3000 rpm the exhaust sounds shrill. At idle it sounds great --a little lumpy with the cam but good. Question-- Is it possible to blow out the baffles on the Magnaflow so that the exhaust note changes ? What else could have happened ? What is your suggestion going forward? Billy Boats ,Flowmasters, what can take some punishment? Your help and thoughts verty much appreciated.

Buy a B&B catback.

Can you get B&B Mufflers seperate?

No, not that I know of.

The exhausts they sell are "Systems". Dyno proven to extract as much power under peak and peak H.P. as possible. They even tried to encorporate an "X-Pipe". There was a "tone" change, but not power gains. The proper type of x-pipe will not fit in the system due to the routing of the exhaust.

Serpent has been taken care of:rock:

I'll say. Thanks Stink--Checks in the mail. Our old school buddy Richie is allready complaining. Apparently he's building a couple of our local stock car motors and does.nt want to be bothered with the install. I told him to call you with any questions!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back