Exhaust System Help

BADASS-SRT-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in sacramento, ca and went to a well known muffler shop called MUFFLER TECH. I went in looking for the Magnaflow system on Magnaflow.com, BUT the shop guy offered instead to do a X-PIPE, with 2 MAGNAPACKS and to remove the resonator. Has anybody went with this setup on your truck? How does it sound? How does it compare to Magnaflow.com system? Will I get the same horsepower and torque gain? Any input would be helpful in making my decision.

BADASS-SRT- said:
I live in sacramento, ca and went to a well known muffler shop called MUFFLER TECH. I went in looking for the Magnaflow system on Magnaflow.com, BUT the shop guy offered instead to do a X-PIPE, with 2 MAGNAPACKS and to remove the resonator. Has anybody went with this setup on your truck? How does it sound? How does it compare to Magnaflow.com system? Will I get the same horsepower and torque gain? Any input would be helpful in making my decision.
What else are you looking to get out of an exhaust upgrade besides more power?...Is your exhaust completey stock now?

I believe PROF did a setup that is similar..... you might want to PM him.... :) I know it is LOUD. If you like that kinda thing, more power to ya. :rock: The POWERSTICK mufflers seem to tone the loudness down a little, and stinker sells them. Might be a option. :dontknow: :rock:

A couple of guys have posted poor sound when they added the X pipe. Works well with the V8's but apparently makes the V10 pretty raspy...if thats a word. :p

The two best sounding exhausts I've heard to date is the cat back from B&B ($$!!) and the powersticks. I'll be going with powersticks and leaving my factory resonators installed.

Tough question to respond to because sound is such a personal issue.

I ran an X pipe and nothing else...no cats, no resonators no muffler...it was obnoxious.

Cat delete is the best way to start to get good sound...but you are in California...and that makes a huge difference.

My recomendation is to hear the set up on an SRT 10 before you invest a lot of money in something that you just cannot tolerate. I changed my setup four or five times to get just what I wanted...at six or seven hundred a try...be careful what you spend your money on...if you hate it, you will just have to eat the expense and go again.

Here is a relatively safe route:

What ever system you put in...add electric cutouts...that allow you to incrementally open and close. That way you can add some raw sound to the degree you want...or even cover bad sound up completely.

Last edited:
King Kong said:
What else are you looking to get out of an exhaust upgrade besides more power?...Is your exhaust completey stock now?
I just want an exhaust system that will sound nice but not too loud because I like to drive my srt a lot. And yes my exhaust is completely stock

Thanks a lot for the input everyone. Does anybody know if the magnaflow system on magnaflow.com sound good or is it also loud?

You need to attend the GTG in Sac. May 9th. I'm sure you can hear about every combination possible.

the magnaflow to me sounds the best, but........there quality as of late seems a bit lacking.

but B@B makes a nice unit, but its pricey.

mbrp makes really nice stuff, but it is throaty.

borla makes a cool exhaust also, the same as the mopar unit too

tsmith3 said:
You need to attend the GTG in Sac. May 9th. I'm sure you can hear about every combination possible.
What time does this GTG start and end? How much do you have to pay?

BADASS-SRT- said:
I think everybody from out of town will be staying at the Doubletree hotel. Time is set for Saturday night the 9th of May. I am running Bassani headers, cat delete and stock cat-back. Sounds good to me when I get on her. I think I am going to delete my resonator pretty soon to get a little more noise out of her. Oh and I will be at the GTG too.

It looks like there will be a two part convoy. 1 from LA and 1 from Bakersfield. Both convoys will meet up on the 5. Maybe you can join the convoy.

BTW here are Mofo long tubes with straights and a Magnaflow. A little loud and proud but still is the bomb IMO.

Also welcome to the zoo.:rock: :rock: :D

FATJACK said:
Roy, have you ever heard cut outs on our trucks?? Sounds terrible.

Hey now, I like my cut outs! The cops always know where I'm at! :)

BADASS-SRT- said:

Here you go man.
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30590

It should be cheap for you lol. You don't need a hotel;) The track fee is $35, but I'm trying to work out a group deal. Then whatever you spend on foor and drinks:D

You'll be able to hear just about every exhaust option out there:burnout:

FATJACK said:
Roy, have you ever heard cut outs on our trucks?? Sounds terrible.

Oh, I have to disagree...I bet you remember Doneo's truck in Evansville? Or Randy's with the Paxton...oh, when those truck just cracked the cutouts...man, that was pure sex!

I love the way mine sounds when idleing with the cutouts open, and I think it sounds good inside the truck when driving, but it may sound like poo outside.?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back