Exhaust??? Which one??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Kehoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought mine about 2 months ago. '05 Yellow Fever #319/500 QC.
I have done just a couple of things. I put a Volant Cool air intake(matched up well with the opening in the hood) on it and a Rollbac cover, thats all.

I would like to know, from people who have had them which exhaust has the deepest sound, not the loudest. I'm thinking about a computer upgrade also.

I love the truck, and am very happy with it, and it gives my Typhoon a run for it's money.

Any help would be great.

Welcome to the site.

Magnaflow seems to be the most popular choice for a Cat-Back.

Typhoon huh? :rock: I had a Syclone up until last year. Now it resides in Texas.:( But before I sold it, it ran tens at over 125! Cool-azz trucks!:rock:
Are you a member at www.SyTy.net ?

Welcome to the RBC Jeff. Magnaflow is best bang for buck. I love the sound of mine. Kinda has a exotic sound to it I think. At idle its a little louder than stock but at WOT its screams!! I love it.

patrick

I would recommend riding in a few trucks with aftermarket exhaust before you decide. I've bought a few items based on people's opinions on this forum, only to be dissapointed.

I just got my Magnaflow from Boomer yesterday... can't WAIT to put it on tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! From what I hear, the Magnaflow paired up with the K&N CAI is like music to the ears!!!!

I think the Borla is a nice well rounded sound....deeper than the MF but not like a flowmaster. I would try to find trucks with each one and see what you like....B&B makes a setup too.

Blakewilder said:
I think the Borla is a nice well rounded sound....deeper than the MF but not like a flowmaster. I would try to find trucks with each one and see what you like....B&B makes a setup too.
Steve`s Borla sounds real good .Very different than the MF.

Rice Eater said:
ROKTMAN...does the borla sound better than the magnaflow in your opinion?
Well it is different.On Steve`s QC it was a more mellow deeper sound.It did not pop on decelleration.I like the raspy ,popping MF on mine .It is a subjective thing so I like the MF.

Welcome to the RBC.... I have magnaflow on mine and love it. Under hard deceleration it cackles and some times sounds like an air raid siren, kids and old folks get scared and run :D

Rice Eater said:
ROKTMAN...does the borla sound better than the magnaflow in your opinion?

Sound issues aside...I had a quality issue with the Borla....the mounting rods snapped off.....

Nowwhat said:
Sound issues aside...I had a quality issue with the Borla....the mounting rods snapped off.....
i put my last borla on anything a while back, we sell the heck out of magnflows & the quality is great.

Nowwhat said:
Haven't had any problems with mine at all. I love the sound of it as well. I really think that to make a choice you either have to just say the hell with it and pick one or go listen to both. Asking people's opinion on what sounds good is real hard to do. There are people out there that think that the Backstreet Boys sound good after all. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back