Factory Sub

10banger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someplace warm....I'm talking about a little place
I've been looking for the factory sub and sub enclosure for my truck for quite some time. Found one on Egay today and dude wants $200 for it!!!! :confused: :mad: :dontknow: WTF? I think this is a rip off, but I'm not really sure what is an expected price to pay. BTW - I called him and asked him if he could separate the package. I asked if he could go $150 and he said to call him after the auction ends. I think he's Coo Coo for CoCo puffs to expect $200 + shipping for a factory sub! :argh:

My questions are: Is this price fair? Are their any members who would like to sale theirs for cheaper?

I know Kicker makes the factory replacement but IDK if the factory amp will push the Kicker. :dontknow: I also can't find them online.

Here the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06-Dodge-Ram-1500-SRT-10-Infinity-Subwoofer-and-Amp_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53de52bf2aQQitemZ360212250410QQptZCarQ5fSubwoofersQ5fEnclosures

Thanks for the help as always!:rock:

Tim

I got my set off ebay for 149 plus 30 for shipping and that was for every speaker and the sub for a quad cab(have extras now if they blow), I have seen just the sub for reg cabs go max around 100 + shipping

The mopar site doesn't show the kicker sub anymore, they just have the doors: kickers mopar site: www.kicker.com/mopar i dont know who stocks them anymore or what the cost is

hope this helps

10banger said:
I've been looking for the factory sub and sub enclosure for my truck for quite some time. Found one on Egay today and dude wants $200 for it!!!! :confused: :mad: :dontknow: WTF? I think this is a rip off, but I'm not really sure what is an expected price to pay. BTW - I called him and asked him if he could separate the package. I asked if he could go $150 and he said to call him after the auction ends. I think he's Coo Coo for CoCo puffs to expect $200 + shipping for a factory sub! :argh:

My questions are: Is this price fair? Are their any members who would like to sale theirs for cheaper?

I know Kicker makes the factory replacement but IDK if the factory amp will push the Kicker. :dontknow: I also can't find them online.

Here the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06-Dodge-Ram-1500-SRT-10-Infinity-Subwoofer-and-Amp_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53de52bf2aQQitemZ360212250410QQptZCarQ5fSubwoofersQ5fEnclosures

Thanks for the help as always!:rock:

Tim
prices only go up from there...... :(

frankly dude, the stock stuff barely works if at all..... the next step up would be the kicker upgrade:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...dZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQitemZ400087218446

i had issues with my stock sub/amp & decided to go this route to maintain the stock look:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35369

:)

10banger said:
Thanks Need for Speed - Guess I should've specified. It's a regular cab 04.
No problem...I saw your sig and figured it was for yours...I just didn't know if the sub's were the same. I know the box isn't.

10banger said:
So the factory amp won't push the Kicker upgrade?
the factory sub amp can't even push the factory crappy sub..... that's why kicker came up with this amp/sub upgrade to replace both parts...... aftermarket is still way better than both. :)

if you decide to go kicker, just web search this part #:

77KICK13AB

:)

Last edited:
Yea dont buy the factory sub if you don't have one. Upgrade that crappy excuse for a sub.
Yes the boxes are different but I'm pretty sure the subs are the same???

moparracing said:
...... aftermarket is still way better than both. :)

...and cheaper. $650 for the Kicker 10" Solobaric and a 200-watt amp?!

Vman455 said:
...and cheaper. $650 for the Kicker 10" Solobaric and a 200-watt amp?!
agreed, but i think he's going for the stock setup look & needs an RC box...... he could have any qualified audio guy build him a stock lookin' box like i did, but it's up to him. :)

i have a extra sub and box call me later on in the day 203 909-0039 and yes it for a reg cab

moparracing said:
agreed, but i think he's going for the stock setup look & needs an RC box...... he could have any qualified audio guy build him a stock lookin' box like i did, but it's up to him. :)
Thanks for your help man! I'm really not interested in spending that kind of $ on a sub and amp combo. I'm not really too concerned with boo-coodles of bass. I would just like to find the factory sub so that I don't have a big hole behind my arm rest! I do appreciate your input!

Tim

Just talked to Paul and it's gonna be $130 shipped, which is much better than it was on Egay! Plan on sending him the $ order tonight. :rock:

Before I do, just want to make sure he's reputable. Has anyone bought from ctsrt10 before? He sounded like an honest guy but I just have to check prior to sending the money out, since he doesn't have a paypal account.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back