First day at Maxton

Big Nana...Be safe out there...Looks like serious fun...Thanks for pics & vids...Again play safe out there...:burnout:

Racing started at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Weather still bad, very windy, 10-15 mph head wind. Made first run with adjusted masking of grill. Little frustrated on start and short shifted. Ended up 146.99 mph. New East Coast 1 mile record but not what I was looking for. Went through tech, approved for record, noticed engine temp way up. Pulled off grill masking and got back in line to run again. After several hour wait, we ran again at 2 p.m. Temp down to 60 degrees, wind still at 10-15 mph headwind. Everyone off 10-15 mph from expected speeds. Excellent start, picked up speed, but overeved the shift and lost power between 4-5. Ended with 147.8 mph. Another record, but still not what we were looking for. On our way home now. Will post pics on Monday. Unfortunately, on dash camera failed.

Congrats on the new records! Not much you can do with the weather. :confused: Hard work paid off though!

Along with pics being posted on Monday, I'll post time slips and Richard and Rick reminded me to stop whining since we got the record for 1 mile track with time of 147.8. Yes, the track was rough as hell, but the air ride technologies handled it well. As we are driving back, we're 200 mph from home, getting ready to meet borden3srt in Kingsland GA to drop off club banner for its next trip. By the way, banner rode in truck on both runs so I guess it's a national record holder too. We did not run NOS. We'll try next time. Not sure how much faster we would have been. Planning next trip for October.

Congrats on the Record Nana..You worked hard for it, and given the conditions, you did well..Give em hell in October...

Thanks Guys, I'm glad to be home. It's 11:30pm sunday night. 7 hour drive home after sitting out on the staging lanes all day is rough but some fun. The best out look is that for the time and elements, we were safe and we did run as fast as we could for the conditions. We think that the real problem was the fact that once we went from 4th gear at 6200 RPM, the drop in 5th was SO drastic, the truck could not recover quick enough to compensate for the drag from the headwinds and the crappy shifting on my part. After talking to Sean and from some of the advice from this site, I'm going to prusue an Gear Vendors drive to correct the problem with the gear spacing. We'll get the pics up ASAP on monday. And it was very nice to meet you Steve. Take care of the Banner.

labontecsi said:
Congrats on the record. Maybe a second SE GTG as cheerleaders in October.

I think that is a hell of a good idea, let's go to work on it.:elefant: :elefant:

Congrats on the records there NANA! Well done for the conditions you had to deal with,That track sure looked like it had some nasty rough spots,wouldn't that be a safety issue with vehicles running at very speeds that track prep should address?

stick said:
what was the stock fatest time for these trucks?

The previous record was 123MPH set back in 1998 by a 454 Chevy SS I think. The class is AA/PP which stands for BigBlock Production Pickup.

Here is the link for the records set Sunday in maxton by all the racers. There was over 200 racers there even with the rain and we ran all day Sunday.

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/events/2008/Records0408.php

Yellow venom 366 said:
Congrats on the records there NANA! Well done for the conditions you had to deal with,That track sure looked like it had some nasty rough spots,wouldn't that be a safety issue with vehicles running at very speeds that track prep should address?

Well, believe it or not, it is smoother now than it was back in June last year. The ECTA folks spent over 21,000 dollars in asphalt repair to help get rid of some of the bumps. I wish I could have gotten the damn camera to work so you guys could have seen how the bumps kinda smooth out as the speed picks up. I'm told that as the speeds approach 175MPH and higher that it becomes smoother if your chassis is tuned correctly, if not, well then things can go very wrong.

Way to represent Nana! Now you can concentrate on enjoying the truck... What is your overall feeling on the whole experience?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back