First post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightningeater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my '05 SRT10 RC in October and I was wondering if anybody knew if there is somekind of "valet mode" on the motor. I am really disappointed in how well the truck is running. Maybe I need to take it to a dealer. Right now I don't think I could break into the 14's in the quarter. Can anybody help?

'05 Silver SRT10 RC, all stock except limo tint and a Magnaflow muffler going on this week.

Welcome to the asylum.......

I'm sure one of the "ace" modders will soon solve your tuning problems......

SD

Back to the dealer...both are not normal...

Is your clutch slipping?

The way I'm guaging it, I've owned a 2000 Camaro SS and a 2003 Z06 and they really pulled hard. The truck feels like a stock 350 Chevy so there's gotta be something wrong. Thanks for any suggestions.

Is there anyone here from the DFW area that could recommend a good dealer. I bought the truck in Lubbock and have since moved to Ft. Worth.

Also bear in mind that the overall "feel" is dramatically different......

That "seat of the pants" yanking sensation is greatly diminished in a truck that weighs far in excess of 5000 lbs.... I had to overcome that too......

Smaller cars, sport coupes in particular, give the driver a nice firm "yank in the britches" that larger vehicles do not. Take into consideration that this is even larger.....

This is why I immediately went for the blower...... Now it's right.....

Good luck and, once again, welcome to the asylum.............

Django

I was thinking the same thing as Silent D. Have any track times or dyno numbers. SOTP is just that.

Welcome to the RBC!

I hope you get things worked out!

I have to agree with Silent D... it doesn't give you that quick pull, also in a bigger vehicle, you tend to "feel" as if you are not going as fast too.

I agree about not pulling as hard, but it's even hard for me to break the tires loose and the whole thing with the throttle being so stiff, anyway, I'm gonna get it checked out in the morning to be sure. Thanks for all the advice.

Have you checked the throttle cable under the hood to make sure it is not hung up on anything?

Just make sure who ever you take her to... that they are a certified Viper mech. NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Welcome to the board!

Quick

Welcome.
You might want to have somebody else hold the throttle on the floor (key off obviously) and check to see that the throttle is actually opening all the way.

Yeah, on the throttle body, make sure that the throttle cable goes over that little pulley(?). That would definitely keep it from opening all the way.

Should look like this:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back