Flash PCM????

V10MOJO

Reaction score
newbie to the truck world. I have seen much reference to the "Flash PCM" upgrade.

can someone please educate me on this item? pros and cons.

Here is a list of what you get.
Revised premium fuel & timing tables - (91 or 93 oct)

Shift points raised to 5950 rpm

Rev limit raised to 6200 rpm

Torque management removed automatic only

Cooling fan duty cycle modified

(The stage 2 flash has Produced 80HP gains & 100 Ft Lbs torque as A/B tested @ DC Performance on a Dyno Jet with a 05 SRT10 Quad Cab automatic.)- Your results may vary. B&G does not guarantee these numbers and uses these numbers as 3rd party reference only as numbers will and may vary between Dyno’s and Dyno Shops.

All and all the flash is a great out of the box mod. Takes just a few minutes to put in (3 plugs and 3 screws). Do you have a QC or RC. Both can benefit, but the QC gets the most out of the flash.

Smoke

i have a night runner qc. so, am i right in guessing this is not just a bolt-on mod and requires a dyno

No dyno required. You call your vendor of choice and tell them your mods. You either send them your PCM and they re-flash it or you get a whole new PCM (recommended). Take it out of the box and go raise hell.

do you have to get it reflashed if you add more mods after you install the flash or is it flashed with mods in mind?

davo19 said:
do you have to get it reflashed if you add more mods after you install the flash or is it flashed with mods in mind?
They are flashed with minor bolt on mods in mind, ie...headers, exhaust, CAI.

IF you start busting into the motor you'll want a custom flash. ;)

ViperPoweredRam said:
do you have to put in a 170 stat when you get the pcm.

No, I have been running mine for a year without the t-stat. I have one, it is just sitting on my floor waiting for install.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back