front license plate bracket

fastbill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

l've been trying to find a thread about a custom front plate mount for a while now. l remember seeing one that someone had that bolted to the underneath of the airdam, and swiveled down and then up to be displayed, then you could just loosen the bolts on the side, and swing it back underneath for shows or whatever. Was a pretty slick looking setup, and l'd like to find it. Anybody remember this? l did a search with a couple of different words and/or phrases, but no luck. Thanks!

Got you covered, pics and Instructions to follow.... I would not drill so I had to come up with one that worked....

The Front Plate frame is made out of a "T" Barjoist connector sold at Lowes or at Home Depot

do it like this

Attachments

• srt bee.bmp
    671.2 KB · Views: 2,379
Here is a link to where my Pics are. They should explain how it is done. If you have any questions, just give me a yell...

To take it off or put it on is about 3 mins. Hold up well at speeds well over 100mph

Thanks for the help, guys... plate won't work behind grill for two reasons, first can't be obstructed in any way, (can't even put a clear cover over it), and it would block part of my intercooler radiator.
DaChief, that's a sweet setup, but the one l'd seen was actually a two piece design that was mounted the same, but the plate could be loosened and swung down and under so it wouldn't be seen at all. l may do your setup if l don't find the other soon. we have to have a front plate here in NY, and l just don't want to give the PD an excuse to pull me over for anything. l have a few PBA cards and a PD patch on the dash, but l'd rather just not deal with the hassle, but l refuse to pop my virgin front bumper's cherry with a drill...

check out swiftmotorsports.com , they have one similar to what l'd seen. l thought it was on this forum, but may have been mistaken. l may do their version, they even have a motorized one, so after you get pulled over, you can hit the switch and ask the cop what the heck he is talking about, there's a plate on the front, lol....

fastbill said:
check out swiftmotorsports.com , they have one similar to what l'd seen. l thought it was on this forum, but may have been mistaken. l may do their version, they even have a motorized one, so after you get pulled over, you can hit the switch and ask the cop what the heck he is talking about, there's a plate on the front, lol....

I put a non-motorized one on our Vette.

I'd thought plenty about the scenario you'd mentioned with a motorized one, though.:D

I bought a cheap bracket and zip tied it to the honeycombs...attached the plate and bent the bottom of the plate up so that it wouldn't rub against the spoiler...it doesn't look to bad...no drilling and gets the job done. About $9 bucks.

fastbill said:
Thanks for the help, guys... plate won't work behind grill for two reasons, first can't be obstructed in any way, (can't even put a clear cover over it), and it would block part of my intercooler radiator.
DaChief, that's a sweet setup, but the one l'd seen was actually a two piece design that was mounted the same, but the plate could be loosened and swung down and under so it wouldn't be seen at all. l may do your setup if l don't find the other soon. we have to have a front plate here in NY, and l just don't want to give the PD an excuse to pull me over for anything. l have a few PBA cards and a PD patch on the dash, but l'd rather just not deal with the hassle, but l refuse to pop my virgin front bumper's cherry with a drill...

Oh just get out the drill... it's fun and the plastic cuts like buuutttttteeerrrr!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D

Fastbill, thanks for finding that one from swiftmotorsports. I like it and may even switch over. I will have to see how it would mount under the front to hide away, don't want it too thick and touch any curb if and when I miss judge and get too close. I try to stay about a foot back but sometime I get too close.

Da1Chief,
it really only looks like it's about 3/4 inch thick or so. Thats prob the one l'm going with as well. Looks like a very easy install.

I hate to admit this, being the law and order guy around here...but I have been a scoff law in this issue. None of my three cars has a front plate and they are required here in Illinois. In two and a half years since moving from Florida, I have only been pulled over once, and there was no mention of the missing front plate...he really just wanted to look at the truck.

I am not sure but I don't think it is a moving violation here. I am also told that it is a fine of about $35. I think if I get hit once every five years for $35 it would be a good trade.

pretty much the same thing here, Prof... l think it's more of an equipment violation, meaning they give you a day or two to fix it, get a cop to sign off on it and send it in for dimissal. l'm just trying to cover my bases and not give them another reason to pull me over...

Prof said:
I hate to admit this, being the law and order guy around here...but I have been a scoff law in this issue. None of my three cars has a front plate and they are required here in Illinois. In two and a half years since moving from Florida, I have only been pulled over once, and there was no mention of the missing front plate...he really just wanted to look at the truck.

I am not sure but I don't think it is a moving violation here. I am also told that it is a fine of about $35. I think if I get hit once every five years for $35 it would be a good trade.

Prof, don't worry, i don't have on either! I had to chase the prep guy across the dealer lot as he was on his way to drill into my truck!!!:motz:

fastbill said:
Hi all,

l've been trying to find a thread about a custom front plate mount for a while now. l remember seeing one that someone had that bolted to the underneath of the airdam, and swiveled down and then up to be displayed, then you could just loosen the bolts on the side, and swing it back underneath for shows or whatever. Was a pretty slick looking setup, and l'd like to find it. Anybody remember this? l did a search with a couple of different words and/or phrases, but no luck. Thanks!

Check on my post HERE. It is inexpensive and will take about 15 minutes to install. There is a link and a part number.

-Muzzy

here is SNJ i was gettin pulled over once a mth till i put it on there - and i h8 it it just looks dumb :burnout:

fastbill said:

L.O.L. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back