give me recommendations for my first holiday trip to the USA, please

SRT911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello,

i intend to visit with my 10 years old son my brother in law and his family in New Hampshire in August for two or three weeks. It will be the first time that i'll visit the USA, and it will be the first time that i'll make a longer flight.
My son wants to see New York, i want see the Niagara Falls, but i can imagine there is much more to see around.
Is any member of vtcoa living in or near NH? Canadian recommendations are welcome too.
Which places should i visit, what do you think is interesting? Are in this area any motorsport events in august?
I'm interested too in visiting a concert of either Alan Jackson or Lorrie Morgan or Reba McEntire or George Strait. Where can i get information about their tour dates?

It would be very nice, when you could support me in planning my first holiday trip to the USA.

best regards

SRT911

Since you will be in the area I would recommend Boston too. There is a lot to see and do there. A trip up the cog railway at Mt. Washington is cool too. As far as concerts it's still pretty early for tour dates. As the time gets closer you can check each of the artist's web sites or there is always www.ticketmaster.com .

There is so much to see, New York city is a must. Some of our New England members should be posting in a little while.

Bill.

id pick niagra over nyc but im a country boy and hate big cities, lots of walking...

While you are up as far as NH, take a trip over to The Forks, Maine, and go whitewater rafting with the Crab Apple Whitewater outfit! http://crabapplewhitewater.com/maine/index.shtml

Then you should see Boston, try to catch a Boston Redsox Game, or at least the tour of Fenway Park. http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ticketing/singlegame.jsp?c_id=bos
(Only April, May and September tickets are on sale right now, keep checking)
Dominick572 lives near Boston, maybe he can show you around?!

Never cared much for New York, but it's probably something you should see and decide for yourself. If you are from Munich, you are not unfamiliar with large cities. (BTW, Munchen is a Beautiful large city!!)

If you want to forego NY, I would visit our great Nation's Capital in D.C.
TONS of things to do there!! And it's beautiful at that time of year!

Let us know what your plans are, we will keep giving you ideas!!

If you make it down to Disney, let me know!!

mopar nationals in ohio is the second weekend in august, a bunch of us will be there.3000 mopars, show cars, drag racing, lots of fun.

streetwedg

streetwedg said:
mopar nationals in ohio is the second weekend in august, a bunch of us will be there.3000 mopars, show cars, drag racing, lots of fun.

streetwedg

X2, great idea.....come meet the crew in Columbus.....

Also, we have many fine gentlemens' clubs you should research :D

SRT911 said:
hello,

i intend to visit with my 10 years old son my brother in law and his family in New Hampshire in August for two or three weeks. It will be the first time that i'll visit the USA, and it will be the first time that i'll make a longer flight.
My son wants to see New York, i want see the Niagara Falls, but i can imagine there is much more to see around.
Is any member of vtcoa living in or near NH? Canadian recommendations are welcome too.
Which places should i visit, what do you think is interesting? Are in this area any motorsport events in august?
I'm interested too in visiting a concert of either Alan Jackson or Lorrie Morgan or Reba McEntire or George Strait. Where can i get information about their tour dates?

It would be very nice, when you could support me in planning my first holiday trip to the USA.

best regards

SRT911
The time will go fast while your here stateside . If you pick NYC let me know. I love the City in the summer and can offer you LOTS of recco's for, sites to see, places to eat, museums, parks, streets to stay off.......etc.

joemags54 said:
The time will go fast while your here stateside . If you pick NYC let me know. I love the City in the summer and can offer you LOTS of recco's for, sites to see, places to eat, museums, parks, streets to stay off.......etc.

New Your City in August? Better bring a clothes pin for your nose. It's like walking around in a sewer, so nasty. I recommend New York in the late fall or winter or not at all.

Greg

Best wishes for you and your son's visit to the States.

There is soo much to see and do in this country, it is hard to decide what to see and do.

Enjoy yourself.....:D .....:D .....:D

fun2xlr8 said:
New Your City in August? Better bring a clothes pin for your nose. It's like walking around in a sewer, so nasty. I recommend New York in the late fall or winter or not at all.

Greg
I'm at a loss for any meaningful response except to say the next time I see someone in the summer, in the City ,with a clothes pin on there nose, I'll know its you.

joemags54 said:
I'm at a loss for any meaningful response except to say the next time I see someone in the summer, in the City ,with a clothes pin on there nose, I'll know its you.

Lmao!!!! Well at least you have a sense of humor about it!!!

Greg

streetwedg said:

streetwedg
well worth your time i agree

SRT911 said:
hello,

best regards

SRT911

Personally i wouldnt go to Boston, not this time of year. Honestly not much to do or see. I live 45 mins away from Boston but i live in the center of Mass.
I would go to New York, get a Subway (Metro) ticket so you dont have to walk in the cold. Go to Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero youll have a full day there and them some. In Boston theres some things to do but you need to know your way around, and there isnt a full days worth of stuff to see.

In August I plan on going to THE NATS in ohio, if youd like to follow me, Ill be driving my truck.

Do you plan to come here soon or in August?

Do what I do. Search the net based on things you like to do or see. We have no idea what you like or enjoy.

It's funny in a way. There are people in this country (yes, I'm one of them) that will ignore or distain what is in their own back yard so to speak but travel hundreds or thousands of miles to see something else. Meanwhile there are those that are traveling great distances to see what is where I live.

We can all recommend what we would do, but until you let us know what you are expecting it's hard to recommend to much.

I just hope you and your family have a great time and enjoy our great country.

I should add that I have traveled to most states in our country over my lifetime. In all honesty, there is only one place that I would never go back to again. There is a beauty and things to do and see everywhere I have been.

Last edited:
If you go to New York City, be sure to plan ahead and get tickets to the musical "Wicked". You and your son will love it! One of the best to come along in years.

Then get to the MOPAR Nationals in Ohio!

August is going to HOT no matter where you are. NYC, Niagara, DC will all be interesting. Your best view of Niagara is from the Canadian side. A lot of history and sights to see. Depending on how far South you want to come, there's Williamsburg in Virginia. There are a number of Theme Parks around the North East that your son would enjoy from Hershey Park in Pa., Kings Dominion in Va., Busch Gardens near Williamsburg. If you really want to go South, there's Disney World in Orlando Fla. . You can spend a week there and still not see it all. Whatever you decide to do, have a blast.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back