give me recommendations for my first holiday trip to the USA, please

First i have to thank you for each answer in so a short time. It's a great forum! I love to be here.

There are coming new questions for me.

Is August too hot in general to visit the east coast? What temperatures are usually there in August?
If it is really too hot, perhaps i could fly in the two first weeks of april. But it is really quite difficult to travel in your country. I have to get a special passport only needed for traveling into the USA with my fingerprints and electronic chip on it. I feel like a dangerous criminal. And getting this passport will last a long time, i don't know whether i'll get it until april. And to get a flight in such a short time could be difficult too. So i think august would be better.

Silverback said:
Do what I do. Search the net based on things you like to do or see. We have no idea what you like or enjoy.

Sorry, i really didn't consider that. I'm not the man, who is liing on the beach in the sun waiting until evening. I like driving or walking in beautiful landscape, climbing an easy mountain, visiting historic sites, i'm interested in almost anything for example nature, history, technique and much more. I'm always a friend of a good dinner and don't know the American way of cooking yet.

1-FAST-SRT-10 said:
If you want to visit a great Canadian city ,you got to stop by Montreal ,i think about 4 hours from New York.
I've heared from my brother in law, that Montreal is really worth to visit. Would you recommend a guided tour through Montreal or not?

Dominick572 said:
I would go to New York, get a Subway (Metro) ticket so you dont have to walk in the cold. Go to Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero youll have a full day there and them some. In Boston theres some things to do but you need to know your way around, and there isnt a full days worth of stuff to see.

In August I plan on going to THE NATS in ohio, if youd like to follow me, Ill be driving my truck.

Do you plan to come here soon or in August?

I intend to come in August, if the temperatures are not too high, like many of you have written.
I think, i'll visit THE NATS for sure.

Which car would you recommend for rental?

OCBob said:
A trip up the cog railway at Mt. Washington is cool too. As far as concerts it's still pretty early for tour dates. As the time gets closer you can check each of the artist's web sites or there is always www.ticketmaster.com .

Thank you, i think Mt. Washington is very interesting for my son and me. In that kind i'm looking forward for further recommendations.

ntw0rk said:
While you are up as far as NH, take a trip over to The Forks, Maine, and go whitewater rafting with the Crab Apple Whitewater outfit! http://crabapplewhitewater.com/maine/index.shtml

Then you should see Boston, try to catch a Boston Redsox Game, or at least the tour of Fenway Park. http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ticketing/singlegame.jsp?c_id=bos
(Only April, May and September tickets are on sale right now, keep checking)
Dominick572 lives near Boston, maybe he can show you around?!

Never cared much for New York, but it's probably something you should see and decide for yourself. If you are from Munich, you are not unfamiliar with large cities. (BTW, Munchen is a Beautiful large city!!)

If you want to forego NY, I would visit our great Nation's Capital in D.C.
TONS of things to do there!! And it's beautiful at that time of year!

Let us know what your plans are, we will keep giving you ideas!!

If you make it down to Disney, let me know!!

I'm living near Munich, not in Munich in a very little village with about 1000 people. So i'm a country boy. I only want visit New York, because my son it wants.

Summarizing the recommendation of the cog railway at Mt. Washington and the Mopar Nats meets the interest of my son and me best.
I would be glad, to hear more similar suggestions from you.

best regards

SRT911

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back