Going to install headers...

what is this bracket for?

and the heat shield? is it for the steering link?

thanks

Attachments

• DSCN1836.JPG
    DSCN1836.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN1839.JPG
    DSCN1839.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 83
attila said:

thanks

looks good - and yes it is - but i didnt use any of that stuff :)

Silverback said:
It's always easier when you have a beautiful lady to help you out.:D :congrats:

Sorry, I should have added this tip earlier.

For holding the gasket in place, cut a piece of copper electrical wire about 3 inches long. Then strip it so you have the individual copper strands. Use the individual strands to tie the gasket to the header. Since the strands are only about .003 thick, you can actually leave them in place without any ill affects.

Cool, I'll try this tip tomorrow

She actually helped with a wrench on passenger side mid pipe!

nice job bruda !!! :rock:

now who is this ?:

attachment.php

:D

That's Luanna!

One of the major reasons the two of them are always welcome at my house!

attila said:

thanks

that is for your abs line going up the passenger side back of brake rotor ,,cause motors are offset to the right the line gets close to header on right ,,,you should wrap it were it gets closest to it ,,,i think its right were line gose by the plastic wheel well ,,and you can use screw down bracket to attach it ,,i did not use the small bracket but i wrapped the line

Thanks for the tip Ironhead

Driver's side is done as well, still need to torque 3 bolts and reinstall all the stuff I removed

so is the ceramic boot meant for the steering linkage?

anyway I'll wrap all the stuff with low clearance with some heat shield tape and I still have some headers wrap to use for this purpose

thanks

Attachments

• DSCN1843.JPG
    DSCN1843.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN1841.JPG
    DSCN1841.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 44
attila said:
Thanks for the tip Ironhead

Driver's side is done as well, still need to torque 3 bolts and reinstall all the stuff I removed

so is the ceramic boot meant for the steering linkage?

anyway I'll wrap all the stuff with low clearance with some heat shield tape and I still have some headers wrap to use for this purpose

thanks

yes that one is for the streering shaft,,did you get the starter wraping also

I wrapped some ceramic thing on the starter cable...

things left to do:

- extending sensor wires (easy)
- put back the inner fenders (easy), I'll do that after a test run to inspect for leaks
- stick the magnaflow muffler into the mid pipes (PIA)

I got the mids into the muffler about a couple of inches but it's not enough according to the previous installation markings, plus the pins don't enter completely on the muffler hangers.

I'm quite scared to hammer the muffler because don't want to break the heads! is this risky? Actually I hammered a little the muffler with a 2x4

I put some wd40 and even some grease in the mids but it's a hard job

is there any proper way? I'm almost to finish and don't want to break something

I whish I could have started the engine today but my cold is getting bad so I quit at 6.30 pm

Attachments

• DSCN1843.JPG
    DSCN1843.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN1844.JPG
    DSCN1844.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 67
i used a peice of 2x4 and a hammer ,,just dont beat on same spot over and over :D wrap that starter !

oh, thanks

I'll beat again... what about heating the pipes? but it will expand the mids as well

and wrap the starter as well, I have a lot of wrapping plus that kevlar like tape I got in UK, it's meant to protect from hight temp, not contact though

this thread is really useful for installation tips

About sensors

And attached the image of the home brew crow foot tool I used to torque some unreachable bolts on the headers flange

Attachments

• DSCN1847.JPG
    DSCN1847.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 60
ok, I finally started it

my sweaters smells of muscle car! :)))

I think there are some leaks: I over torqued the bolts around 25-30 Lb/ft; I'm pissed off about leaks and honestly don't know what to do to fix them

should I bring her to the shop and have a check? but the good one is about 30 minutes away and I could burn the gaskets going there..

any hints?

thanks

attila said:
ok, I finally started it

my sweaters smells of muscle car! :)))

I think there are some leaks: I over torqued the bolts around 25-30 Lb/ft; I'm pissed off about leaks and honestly don't know what to do to fix them

should I bring her to the shop and have a check? but the good one is about 30 minutes away and I could burn the gaskets going there..

any hints?

thanks

what makes you think you have a leek ?

a metallic sound around the headers area... how can I check without roasting my hands or nose?

btw, my garage filled in of white smoke from the coated headers and the fire alarm went off, haha

well, listened with the hose, leaks are most headers/mids junction.... let's see if I can get rid of them

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back