Got a Header Leak

So you are saying that we should get these off the bat when installing a new header kit

are the bolts loose if so tighten them up header gaskets dont go bad that often unless you drive around with it leakin due to a loose headre bolrt

Have you & tony went head to head yet? I might be interested in paying to see you two go head to head to see who is faster?

Big Worm said:
Have you & tony went head to head yet? I might be interested in paying to see you two go head to head to see who is faster?
im faster the times dont lie then i will get out of my truck and beat him in a foot race then we can go to the swimming pool and ill swim laps around him.......you can count on one thing tony aka "stinker" getting beat by the hands of the best ......me...... 505s fastest viper

who knows maybe Stinker was on a crappy drag strip. and it slowed him done. Yes, Brad I want to see who really is the fast Viper Truck

ha ha, well if you see 2 Challengers and a Dodge Dually with a Flat bed rolling down the road with 2 black trucks we came to see who is who? Get those West Coast boys out the House and see what the East Coast boys came to play with. I am not sure but we care hoeing up this thread big time, and Portland has a gasket leak

Big Worm said:
ha ha, well if you see 2 Challengers and a Dodge Dually with a Flat bed rolling down the road with 2 black trucks we came to see who is who? Get those West Coast boys out the House and see what the East Coast boys came to play with. I am not sure but we care hoeing up this thread big time, and Portland has a gasket leak
i like hoing threads up come and see me or i just might go see u guys

portlandsrt said:
On the drivers side with my Belangers... I did a brief search.
Is the general concensus to go with Cometic Header Gaskets? Might as well upgrade the bolts too.. Are the Stage 8's the way to go?
http://www.jegs.com/i/Stage%208/868/8909/10002/-1
Also, where is the best place to pick up the gaskets? Any tips on the install?????

When new headers are installed if you run the engine for about an hour then let it cool and retorque the bolts, then run the engine for another hour or so let it cool again re torque once more, you should not have any more trouble.

Are the header/manifold gaskets different on the 8.0L engines vs. the 8.3L's?:dontknow: If they are the same, I've had good luck in the past with Remflex header gaskets on other applications (never used them on a Viper motor though). They are very thick graphite and crush down for a good seal. However, it doesn't look like they make them for the Gen 3 engines. Here's a link:

http://catalog.remflex.com/product_p/rf6014.htm

505'sFastestViper. said:
oh we will see just dont know when, but like i said im the best in the world so well ..ill win and get the girl thats just how it goes heheh

Guys Stinker has been ready for this race for a year, Dom is the one that has all the piss poor excuses for not showing. I think the boy is skeered!!!:p :p :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back