Got the rims painted today

looks great man.:rock: :rock: :rock:
that was a thought of mine. then someone here did it with photo work. & now the real deal, good job. goes very well with the truck. :congrats:

Lools Great!!:rock: My wheels are painted and have held up for a year and a half so far:D

Carlwalski said:
Looks good brother. My beast is getting some tasty mods including powder-coated Satin black rims......will take some snaps and post in the next few weeks, can't wait, it's sick. Hopefully your rims don't flake, chip or scratch, paint does that no matter how many coats you use, fingers crossed they last a while though. :)

NRLoweringKitWheels.jpg
Carl, your NR rims weren't dark enough for you? Did you get different rims or are you doing the stock rims?

Nice touch.

I like it. Did you wetsand the factory clearcoat?

I did the same thing to the "spokes" on my GC about a year ago and have had ZERO issues with chipping/flaking. I wet-sanded the clearcoat down to the metal with 800-grit and then applied three coats of black and followed that with three coats of clear. I only did this to the parts I painted black. .....and as an added measure, I "pinstriped" the tape line with a thick brush with red pinstriping paint to keep moisture/dirt from causing any "lift".

EDIT: On a side-note, used the G2 Cailper Paint and painted the calipers red, but kept the black Brembo stencils masked off to continue the black-and-red theme.

Here's a pic........

jeep008ii2.jpg

jeepgti07124hm7.jpg

Last edited:
sleeper said:
Carl, your NR rims weren't dark enough for you? Did you get different rims or are you doing the stock rims?
Hi Sleeper, nope, the NR rims were cool at first and still are an awesome mags but I know that black wheels will suit the truck better and be more my cup of tea. The NR wheels were dark(ish) in some pics and angles but quite brighter in others. Black rims = dark, always. I like the Night Runner rims but LOVE the black rims. I thought about buying another set of wheels but I thought, why? Why spend $2,000K on rims (shipping sucks to NZ, trust me). The only reason I would keep the stockers is so enthusiasts would know it's NR (not an 06 with NR lights) but in reality, people in New Zealand (and in the States) don't know too much about the SRT/10 Rams, let alone the special editions and, I make my cars mine. :)

Sorry for the hijack original poster. :eek:

JAYSSRT said:
I got up early this morning and I had the materials and everything ready last night...I was gonna go with powdercoat but I wanted to do it my self..I put like 5 coats of paint on it and about 3 heavy coats of clear coat..Tell me what you guys think.

0716080950.jpg

0716081151.jpg

0716081932.jpg

0716081932a.jpg

0716081932b.jpg

0716081933.jpg
Cool looks damn good...I agree SILVER & BLACK combo is killer...Nice job bud truck looks good...:)

Looks great. I really like the contrast.

nice model also.
is it a kit or die cast???????

Thanks guys...Now to answer some questions...First question..I did sand down the wheels with 100 grit sand paper..The paint I used was Flat black...from Dupli-color.you can find that paint in a checker or pepboys or just about any auto shop..the model I have in my other post is a diecast model I bought off ebay and painted the lights and rims to look like my truck..I will post some more pics of my truck..my tail lights came in and just waiting on the 3rd brake light to come in.:burnout:

It sprinkled here last night..so now my clean truck went to a dirty truck..so I will have to prospone on the pics..:(

looks good, but i would have painted the center cap as well, for a more cleaner look...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back