Had open heart surgery

Ylw-Fvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellas just recently went thru open heart surgery with 3 by passes. It has been 4 weeks today. I am getting stronger everyday but the chest plate still hurts like hell. Has anyone of you ever had it? how long does it take for the chest plate to heal? Man I would give anything for a good nights sleep. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining I am however very glad to still be kicking.:nurse:

Good to hear that you are mending. I have no idea about the chest plate, but I hope it heals up quickly for you, and that you are stronger than ever.

Glad yer still here!:rock:

Betcha hate sneezing too?:eek:

Hopefully you can still fart wihtout pain.:)

Thanks guys, and yes that sneezing or coughing thing will make you cry ! I am 45 and used to think I was tough as nails but I have been brought down a notch or 2.

Ylw-Fvr said:
Thanks guys, and yes that sneezing or coughing thing will make you cry ! I am 45 and used to think I was tough as nails but I have been brought down a notch or 2.

That's crazy!! Hope you get to feelin better:rock:

Ylw-Fvr said:
Fellas just recently went thru open heart surgery with 3 by passes. It has been 4 weeks today. I am getting stronger everyday but the chest plate still hurts like hell. Has anyone of you ever had it? how long does it take for the chest plate to heal? Man I would give anything for a good nights sleep. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining I am however very glad to still be kicking.:nurse:

I had an Aorta Cortation (open heart surgery) when i was 11 years old. Hope you get better soon. Drink a lot of Carrot Juice:rock: Thats what the cardiologist reccomended for me when i had my surgery done

Annu Kumar said:
I had an Aorta Cortation (open heart surgery) when i was 11 years old. Hope you get better soon. Drink a lot of Carrot Juice:rock: Thats what the cardiologist reccomended for me when i had my surgery done

:confused: :confused: :confused: i heard it was good for pigment coloring... Annu , do YOU need that ? :p :D :D :D :D :D :D ...:eek: ;)

just kidding man... you know me....:p

Annu Kumar said:

So this was fairly recent:dontknow: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Damn man, 45?? That's the kind of thing that worries me when I hear it. A good friend of mine just had a small attack and had to have some stents put in, and he is younger than either of us. And let's just say I haven't exactly taken great care of myself over the years.

Once again, good luck on the recovery.

If you've ever seen any film/video of open heart surgery or know what a set of chest spreaders do to ya, you'll understand why the pain is so severe.... The chest cavity wasn't exactly built with a set of hinges or an inspection plate...... Ya gotta cut apart with a set of bigass bloody pruning shears, then grab the mutha and fairly well winch it apart..... Damn right it's gonna hurt like shit for quite awhile.....

I'm sure many wish you God's own good speed and hopes for a full recovery...

Take care of yourself bro....Glad yer still among the living....

You'll get thru this........ to be sure....

D

OCBob said:
Damn man, 45?? That's the kind of thing that worries me when I hear it. A good friend of mine just had a small attack and had to have some stents put in, and he is younger than either of us. And let's just say I haven't exactly taken great care of myself over the years.

Once again, good luck on the recovery.

you got my tought Bob...have a friend also... those malhappenings seems so far from home till a close friend has it....:eek:

Django said:
If you've ever seen any film/video of open heart surgery or know what a set of chest spreaders do to ya, you'll understand why the pain is so severe.... The chest cavity wasn't exactly built with a set of hinges or an inspection plate...... Ya gotta cut apart with a set of bigass bloody pruning shears, then grab the mutha and fairly well winch it apart..... Damn right it's gonna hurt like shit for quite awhile.....

I'm sure many wish you God's own good speed and hopes for a full recovery...

Take care of yourself bro....Glad yer still among the living....

You'll get thru this........ to be sure....

D
thanks DJANGO :rock: nice to see you .... :rock: :rock: :rock:

You guys are great I appreciate the encouragement. Django The doc said he had to spread it open 18". I thought I had to have serious nerve damage to my arms but they are getting better. The doc told me to look for around 3 months minimum. He won't even let me drive a car until after the 4th of April. I tell you this has been a reality check for sure.

I wish you a speedy recovery!!! :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back