heads and cam

ViperTruck2933 said:
Does he have a ported throttle body? Do you know how big the cam is?
No on the ported throttle body.
Yes, on how big the cam is.
The producer of the cam doesn't want the specs posted, but I can give you an email address for the specs.

I did not install such an extremely aggressive cam, only a moderate but bold one. I have a big cam on my hemi, pulls hard, but some idle issues to deal with and not much to tune with (hemi).

There are give and takes with everything in life and trucks. I didn't want to sacrafice normal driving characteristics for performance. Not saying that yours will. Once you have the cam installed, it would be a few hundred bucks or alot of time to uninstall it. Just don't want to see anyone not happy with their truck.:eek:

If you have a tuner and seems like you do, I'm sure you will be fine.

Silverback said:
Be careful with the cam. Bigger is not always better.

Very good advice...............

I have gone to smaller camshafts over the years and had a vehicle that was just as fast or faster.
The driveability however was greatly improved.

VT2933, any idea on your cam specs?

I'd love to do heads/cam eventually. Why are some the guys having issues? It it timing? Can the rockers not keep up with a steep ramped lobes?

Roz-SRT said:
VT2933, any idea on your cam specs?

I'd love to do heads/cam eventually. Why are some the guys having issues? It it timing? Can the rockers not keep up with a steep ramped lobes?
I have a general idea on the specs. Joe and Comp made a last minute change just before they ground it. I prefer to wait and see how it performs before I publish the specs. Because if it doesn't work well, Joe is going to order another one and replace it with one that does work well. I'll give the numbers once it's all worked out.

I am replacing the stock rockers with T&D rollers so that won't be a problem. ;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
I have a general idea on the specs. Joe and Comp made a last minute change just before they ground it. I prefer to wait and see how it performs before I publish the specs. Because if it doesn't work well, Joe is going to order another one and replace it with one that does work well. I'll give the numbers once it's all worked out.

I am replacing the stock rockers with T&D rollers so that won't be a problem. ;)

I understand, Good luck with! I can't wait for your numbers to come back! :rock:

Back in my LS1 days, there were certain cam profiles where roller rockers WERE NOT recommended, (I kinda thought the same theory would hold true here) due to the fast ramp of the cam. It would toss "throw" the valves open instead of following the true cam profile. The valves wouldn't shut in time. . . Cam specs were 242/248 - .608/.612 - 110 lsa

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back