HELP ME!!!! MY TRUCK IS BROKEN!!!!:(

KRAZYSRT10 said:
That's what I'm thinking...but, if it were an actual oil pressure loss wouldn't I have other indications like the engine acting funny and maybe high oil temps? Just curious...I wont drive it cause I'm afraid to break it!!:confused:

Probably just what you have seen on the gauge. Higher oil temps would not necessarily show up before damage is done. Low oil pressure will not affect the way it runs. You however will probably hear more lifter noise/clatter.

It's either a bad indication, loss of oil pressure due to a leak, a short in the electrics or a defective oil pump. In any case, it needs to go to the dealer if it's under warranty.

Tow it to the dealer to be safe. Its most likely the oil pressure sender for the gage.No need in takeing chances when its under warranty.

i know a guy from Holland had a cracked engine block once, (8.0 V10) previous model, the block was cracked between the crank and camshaft bearings, he noticed this by low oil pressure

yves said:
i know a guy from Holland had a cracked engine block once, (8.0 V10) previous model, the block was cracked between the crank and camshaft bearings, he noticed this by low oil pressure
Did he put his finger in it to stop the leak.:D

Begood said:
I tried that with a crack once, then she slapped me!:D

Bill.

Know whats funny....I did the same thing:D and I got slapped!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Krazy....I can't help much:dontknow: , but I do hope you get 'er fixed soon.....bikertat

Sh*t brotha...my ruck ran for 100 miles with NO oil going to the crank!!! he main bearibgs were in backwards and it was running fine...til BOOM! $20k mistake....OOPS!!

My opinion is this is not being caused by the gauge or sending unit. Don't frinve it any more, have it towed to the dealership. My money is on a bad oil pump, or worse.

ya tow it in but did you maybe knock a sensor connection loose? anyway keep us informed on what it might be.

good luck man

I hope it isn't something catastrophic... But let the dealership take care of it. That's what the warantee is for...

Good Luck!

Stretch

My guess is a weak pump. While driving the pump is able to get enough pressure to keep the warning off. At start up the oil is colder therefore your pressure is higher which keeps the pressure in limits. Once the oil is heated up the pressure starts to drop. So then at idle (after warmup) the pressure is at it's lowest which is below mins and therefore you get the warning lights.

Now the above is just my guess. Keep us informed Kris.

Sounds like oil pump to me also.... or possibly a internal casting plug has came out dealer needs to look at it don’t drive it anymore.

Good luck,
Smokin Joe

Kris, any updates??? Call me if you need anything bro....

Dealer says it might be a sensor, I dunno, I gotta call 'em back in a few minutes....

I'll post later!! I'm not worried folks, worse things have happened to better people!!!:D

The dealer changed out the Oil Sender and it's working GREAT!! However, I lost my temper with the guy 'cause theyre still saying that my CD player sounds fine....I STRONGLY DISAGREE!!! Oh well, I'm gonna go to another dealership this week and see what they say!!! Thanks for the posts though fellas!!!

Excellent news....

Where did you go??? I've had good luck at Jacksonville CJD and mixed luck at other dealers....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back