Help My 05 Needs a Steering Wheel.. ideas

EXCESSV

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hay guys my 05 now has a whopping 9,130 miles on it and the factory leather steering wheel is coming apart. The leather is falling off where I hold it :confused:

I called my Dodge dealer and they told me that it has been discontinued and that the new part would be nearly $550. Hell I could get a nice custom wheel for that money I'm sure?

Any ideas?

Dallas Custom Steering Wheel
1625 Lone Hollow
Garland, TX 75040
Phone: (469) 449-7973
Email: [email protected] Ask for Don, per Tim.

Mine looks as good now as it did the day I got it,but I also have a sterring wheel cover on and clean the wheel once a month and apply leather cond.

Brat said:
Mine looks as good now as it did the day I got it,but I also have a sterring wheel cover on and clean the wheel once a month and apply leather cond.
mine too, its been sittig for two years:D

Wifey is right.....

Don (Dong) is a superior craftsman and do a beautiful baseball stitched re-wrap for your wheel at a price that defies convention. About $150 last time I did one.

D

Last edited:
EXCESSV said:
Hay guys my 05 now has a whopping 9,130 miles on it and the factory leather steering wheel is coming apart. The leather is falling off where I hold it :confused:

I called my Dodge dealer and they told me that it has been discontinued and that the new part would be nearly $550. Hell I could get a nice custom wheel for that money I'm sure?

Any ideas?

Call Customer Care and tell them of your story! I did beginning of this year and told them how others have had their replaced under warranty on this forum and see how that works. Tell them of the VTCOA as I did and that this is a common problem and makes a once 50K truck look like shit. Luckily for me they just happened to have one in for service and I told them "this is what my steering wheel is supposed to look like"! Basically the fuax carbon fiber looking area at top was peeling and sticky as shit in 110* Texas sun. I hated putting my hands on that sticky MOFO. Chrysler Customer Care is the place and tell them you just aren't happy with it. I had 50K miles by the way!!;)

VENOMOUS1 said:
Call Customer Care and tell them of your story! I did beginning of this year and told them how others have had their replaced under warranty on this forum and see how that works. Tell them of the VTCOA as I did and that this is a common problem and makes a once 50K truck look like shit. Luckily for me they just happened to have one in for service and I told them "this is what my steering wheel is supposed to look like"! Basically the fuax carbon fiber looking area at top was peeling and sticky as shit in 110* Texas sun. I hated putting my hands on that sticky MOFO. Chrysler Customer Care is the place and tell them you just aren't happy with it. I had 50K miles by the way!!;)
Man I really appreciate that. I just submitted a complaint. Thank you!

10banger said:
Man I really appreciate that. I just submitted a complaint. Thank you!

How do you submit a complaint.
I told my dealer when the truck was under warranty (december of this past year) and less than 20k on the truck. They basically said NO
Thats BS! The truck is a 06. SO basically got less than 3 years out of a steering wheel.

Anyone know what one looks better? Gray or Charcol ? :dontknow:
Still want to file a complaint. :mad:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back