How are we doing on the slicks.

Don't really know yet John....2 passes at Fontana on a track that was 140 degrees....pulled 1.8s....but to compare a srt with nitto drag radials pulled a 2.1...

4 passes at LACR with zero prep....best was 1.8

Nowwhat said:
Don't really know yet John....2 passes at Fontana on a track that was 140 degrees....pulled 1.8s....but to compare a srt with nitto drag radials pulled a 2.1...

4 passes at LACR with zero prep....best was 1.8

Hi Nowwhat: 1.8 that is good, for new slicks. Did you put screws in the wheels.

John
M&H

Got the screws on one side of the wheel only....and marked the non screwed side....no movement...went down to 13 psi cold.....

the slicks feel very stable at speed and can't wait for a 1.6...:D

Nowwhat said:
Got the screws on one side of the wheel only....and marked the non screwed side....no movement...went down to 13 psi cold.....

Yes you are right on the 1.6, but screws on one side you need to watch that. You do not want the slicks to twist on one side, so keep a eye on that. When is the next test and tune, that you are going to be at Nowwhat.

John
M&H

Last edited:
Hi John, I'm very impressed with your interest/followups/help that your providing considering that we are such a small "specialty" segment for your market. Thanks and I think its a indicator of good stand up peeps.:rock:
I bought a set of m/ts but will make sure I go with m&hs next just on your outstanding service........ Thanks my man! We appreciate guys like u!:burnout:

Nowwhat said:

Mike please get screws on both sides of wheel ASAP. Very dangerous.

what kinda wheels did you mount them on? I am very interested in purchasing a set for my truck! any contacts/links would be appreciated....thanx

CCW wheels....john purner....custom for the trucks....Vprpwr, Blake and I all have the same.....

Jack....screws won't fit on the back side.....:mad: ....my movement was 1/4 inch without screws.....maybe I can counter sink a couple but don't know if the rim is thick enough...

The slicks will stick to the track and spin on the rim causing a blow out or the tires even go unbalanced/twisted when you go down the track. Screws on both sides are the best for no rim and tire separation. Most do not use tubes either!

Blakewilder said:
what r u screwing...the tire??? that doesnt sound too good.

Its cool Blake, think of it as a bicycle tire, it has an inner-tube inside which holds the air, not the tire. So your just screwing the tire to the wheel

-Red

My slicks (cheaters) dont have tubes....So when I order the ones like yours I have to order tubes too right. Can u PM that guys number again please, I forgot to handle that in all of the madness before vacation.

he is using 16x12 wheels, so the wheels are fairly wide (wide enough to go over the caliper and bleeder slightly) with the backspacing. So I'm guessing where the screwed need to go on the wheel-bead area, it would rub on the caliper somewhere

-Red

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back