How Do you think the $4 dollar gas prices will affect current values?

Donuts4me9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone thinks about how the $4 plus dollers a gallon cost of gas will affect the price of our trucks?

:confused:

Yep...until prices stabilize people will spend a fortune to buy a gas miser car....the money they waste trading they could have bought a tanker load of gas..:dontknow: ...after prices stabilize and they get used to paying $XXX price they will want something fun again....seen this happen several times over my life time..........:bebored:

Not much better here in Ottawa...Average is $1.10 a litre for reg gas...Super Unleaded $1.19 a litre...This summer there not forcasting better...:dontknow:

It can't be hurting this guy on CARS.com he has a 04 RC listed and wants 65,000 I about fell out of my seat.

I think it should effect it the same way it effects the resale of boats. NO EFFECT.It is basically a sport item that is independent of the everyday mainstream:D

It seems to me that pretty much all luxury items are down in price. The housing market has alot to do with it. Not just gas prices.

sleeper said:
It seems to me that pretty much all luxury items are down in price. The housing market has alot to do with it. Not just gas prices.
Exactly. Luxury items are down irrespective of gas prices

Most dealers are reporting good sales on high dollar, low mileage RV's.
Seems to depend on what part of the Country also.

FATJACK said:
Most dealers are reporting good sales on high dollar, low mileage RV's.
Seems to depend on what part of the Country also.
Isn't the age group that buys high dollar RV's retired old folks with big bucks to burn?:dontknow:

fuel is double priced compared to the US but SRT's are more popular than ever. Must be something with the USD too:D

this truck is not for the faint at hart. the people who buy these trucks from now on arenot worried about 4.00 a gallon gas. as for my truck i do not drive it on a daily basis. so even when i do get the truck out of the garage for my once a month run around the block im not worried about the 4.00 a gallon.

i smile everytime i hit that little red button.

dragon said:
this truck is not for the faint at hart. the people who buy these trucks from now on arenot worried about 4.00 a gallon gas. as for my truck i do not drive it on a daily basis. so even when i do get the truck out of the garage for my once a month run around the block im not worried about the 4.00 a gallon.

Sounds just like me. I only use my truck for fun about once a month.:D

dragon said:

once a month around the block, Patrick you need to get it out more!

I don't think fuel prices are as much of a cost point for these trucks as some think. I think the prices would have dropped on these trucks no matter what, they just weren't the "hot cakes" DC thought they would be. DC pulled the trigger to produce the SRT RAM on the hype of how well it was received at the SEMA autoshow. DC expected it to sell like hotcakes mostly to the viper crowd and priced it accordingly. much to their dismay it didn't sell as expected and was adjusted accordingly with what the market would bear for sales in the dealerships, also the reason they cancelled it. had the viper not sold back in the day it would have had the same fate.

The price is Just fine Guys. Adjusted For Inflation Its where it should be. In the 1980's consumers spend more on Gas Prices because of Incomes. And yeah look at some other places in the world where it is around 6.00 to 7.00 a gallon

YEAH I'D BE GOOD WITH THE 94 1.00 A GALLON, HOWEVER I'D LOSE 100,000+ A YEAR JOB. LOW OIL PRICES= LOW AMOUNT OF DRILLING= NO JOB FOR JAY.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back