how fast are the new cobras

I can hang with a Cobra 500. I ran into a few of them on the road. My truck is boosted though:D

jxnvett said:
since i have both i want to jump in here. i love to drive my r/c viper truck best of all the vehicles i have . i just love it BUT IT CANT HANG WITH MY GT500 . I WISH IT COULD BUT WITHOUT SOME SERIOUS MODS IT NOT HAPPENING.

DAVID

A: don't doubt that stock for stock the GT500 is faster... that's a no brainer.
B: I think I probably disagree with SERIOUS MODS... for under 2k you could put a 100 shot on and voila... 500 killer:p

with that said... anything can be made fast... I've seen 8/9 second mitsubishi's lol...

an gt500 will NEVER be a 6000 lb 11 second truck
and a SRT-10 will NEVER be a 4000 lb 11 second race car:p

only reason I posted on this thread was because of all the grocery getter bashing :D

p.s. gt500 are nice cars... not my cup o tea... but they're still nice

FATJACK said:
If you have a Q/C, leave them alone
If you have a R/C, Jump on his ass, you will still get beat just not as bad:rock: :rock:
The Cobras are all supercharged aren't they?????

500 horspower Shelbys you mean?
1/4 mile? I won; He lost.
Yup, they are supercharged.
They are a bit slower than I thought they'd be...
I think they are close to a lightly modded '03 or '04 Cobra (supercharged).
I wouldn't have won back when my truck was stock though; especially on the 2nd race when
the SRT 10 QCs factory e.c.u.s are famous for pulling timing when the intake air gets warm.

Last edited:
coloradokid said:
how fast are the new cobras. so we be jealous?

ithink u should be....my dousel could prob run with you tho:burnout: .....just dun be mad if i pull away:p :p :p

jxnvett said:
since i have both i want to jump in here. i love to drive my r/c viper truck best of all the vehicles i have . i just love it BUT IT CANT HANG WITH MY GT500 . I WISH IT COULD BUT WITHOUT SOME SERIOUS MODS IT NOT HAPPENING.

DAVID

David, I also have a 06 GTO BLACK(11253 miles), 04 SRT-10 RC Black(953 miles on it) & 2 98 Cobra's BLACK & MYSTIC,04 so I speed a lot, but I have seen a GT500 get jacked by a 10 w/ light mods. They are quick but IT IS THE DRIVER. but I will give your 500 a run for the $$$

hows the gtos run (with the 400 horse) compared to us?

just stock to stock.

that was the other car i was lookin at when i bought my truck. it was between the 2.

THE GTO is very light and has a 6-speed that is quick, I have raced my GTO against my truck and I beat it by 2 car lengths, it is just the weight. and they are both stock at the time. but a great car, would even shock a 500 or 04 cobra, depends on driver & mods.

Silverback said:
I'm your huckleberry. :D :)
"I'm your huckleberry" is a way of saying that one is just the right person for a given job

A friend of mine bought the 2008 Shelby GT500 Super Snake 725HP. The top speed is 170mph. Its a sweet ride:rock: :rock:

Attachments

• gt500.bmp
    414.5 KB · Views: 31
The "Terminator" Mustangs ('03-'04 Cobra) are still the one's to beat.... You never know what they have going on under the hood........ ;) The Gt500 is a high-priced TURD, IMO.:dontknow:

The Shelby GT500 are not near the beast the 03-04 cobras are.

My 03 Cobra Vert is pretty heavy (about 3900lbs) but very fast, with bolts-ons and tuned it is making 486/507. It is a low-mid 11second car. If you can get traction that is.

On the highway the Cobra is simply a beast. Not even a comparison to the 10, but that's really apples to oranges.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back