HOW MANY RWHP???????????

I had 702 rwhp from a Paxton at 8psi, water-meth injection, DC Performance blower inlet and computer upgrade, Bellanger headers, no cats, custom Corsa exhaust, lightweight flywheel and upgraded pistons. I also had a secondary intercooler on top of the stock one that Paxton provides. Injectors were stock.

Sounds like you've got more work done to the motor then mine and you're running more boost so I think you'll be over 700 at the wheels. Joe Donovan and Justin are familiar with my truck as they did the tuning and some other work.

I am going to interject on the flywheel issue.

Due to the weight of our trucks I personally would not run a light wheel unless I were running 4.88 gears. Which I think Eric (Ram from Hell) has. If you plan on doing any 1/4 mile racing with over 700 RWHP you will run out of 4th gear and have to shift into 5th with the 4.88s. I am going to a 4.10 gear from 4.56s in my red truck with a 33" tire as I plan on 1/4 mile racing. This and every other build needs to have a plan, so that a "combination" can be put together that will compliment the end goal.

You need to look at what you want the truck to do when finished and then work from there.

Also a Paxton or Roe blower is only good for 700 rwhp. The Paxton will only make 650 RWHP if you do port work on the heads. The Paxton is not large enough to do the job properly on a free flowing motor.

I have just been through this with a Paxton. We made 650 rwhp at 3.5 lbs of boost. That is with a larger bottom pully and custom mounting plates and a custom tensioner set up to eliminate the belt slip that is inherant in the Paxton set up on the Viper truck motor. Justin JMB is in the process of building all the mounts and drive for an F2 Procharger. I think enough of the mans work to take my truck from California to St Louis to have him work on it.

You will also need to upgrade the fuel system to go over 700 rwhp. Single large external pump and or multiple in tank pumps, fuel rails, Injectors, regulator, lines (feed and return).

This does not stop there either, basicly start in front of the radiator and finish behind the rear end. Suspension must be addressed also.

I am not trying to sound discouraging, but to build a real hard running truck you must start with a goal as to what you want the truck to ultimatly do, then it can be determined what type of combination you need to put together.

There are a few of us that are looking for real hard runners that I am sure would be glad to go over your options with you. Blower, turbo and or nitrous.

If you want to contact me feel free to do so, I have 2 hotrod trucks one is a RC blown 6 speed with spray and the other is RC twin turbo that is 4 linked and caged running a TH400 with a trans brake;

Jack O'Donnell
619-444-2360

505'sFastestViper. said:
im sure that he could finger it out justin needs to suck it up:D :D

Justin's turbo set up is so custom I don't think he could suck it up, and build a kit that could be sold as a kit. :(

There are so many variables in the end product. You are redoing yours for more power right now.:argh:
Your truck is a rocket as it was with the single 88mm turbo.:rock:

You ought to know.......;)

FSTJACK said:
Justin's turbo set up is so custom I don't think he could suck it up, and build a kit that could be sold as a kit. :(

There are so many variables in the end product. You are redoing yours for more power right now.:argh:

^^^And this is why I secretly follow threads like this. When I get back from Hawaii, I hope to be in a position to visit Justin and see what he does. I would love to have the fastest "Street" truck on the forum.....or at least one of them!!!

Listen to these guys Bro!!! They know what they are talking about!;) :rock: :rock: :rock:

LoveThisTruck said:
Both the ROE and the Paxton max out at around 700

What kind of HP are you really after?

We don't know what the Roe is going to do now that the Roe flows as much air as the Procharger f2..............:)

now will the intake allow the power?

HEY WHAT COMPANY DO YOU WORK FOR THERE NOGGIE? NATIONAL OILWELL OR AKER SOLUTIONS? :)

LoveThisTruck said:
If you're after "big power"... 800rwhp or more, then turbos is the only PROVEN way. If you're happy with 650-700 then the paxton will be fine. Leave the stock heads/cam.
Have you ever driven a truck with a ROE S/C?? If not, you should... might change your mind about the top mount blower:D

you have a roe blower right has anyone every had a Kenne Bell on ther Srt10
the Roe blower looks really small compared to other blowers i have seen

and a twin screw blow makes the most power from what i have seen

but you can only make so much power with a blower cuz the belt holds it back with a turbo or turbos you can make as much power as the motor can handle/ until it throws a piston across the road lol

anyways does anyone have a vid of the
roe blower i never heard of them until i got on this site

Coley 1334 said:
you have a roe blower right has anyone every had a Kenne Bell on ther Srt10
the Roe blower looks really small compared to other blowers i have seen

and a twin screw blow makes the most power from what i have seen

but you can only make so much power with a blower cuz the belt holds it back with a turbo or turbos you can make as much power as the motor can handle/ until it throws a piston across the road lol

anyways does anyone have a vid of the
roe blower i never heard of them until i got on this site

Here's a little sound clip... pic in my sig. It's a 3.3l blower. Nobody has gotten it over 700rwhp:( I don't think anybody has tried a Kenne

LoveThisTruck said:
Here's a little sound clip... pic in my sig. It's a 3.3l blower. Nobody has gotten it over 700rwhp:( I don't think anybody has tried a Kenne

that sounds good gotta love the whine of a blower:rock:

bigike said:
We don't know what the Roe is going to do now that the Roe flows as much air as the Procharger f2..............:)

now will the intake allow the power?

HEY WHAT COMPANY DO YOU WORK FOR THERE NOGGIE? NATIONAL OILWELL OR AKER SOLUTIONS? :)
it will do no more than 700 that thing could flow a billion cfm and it would make 700 hp period you know that as well as me...its not the flow its the plates on the intake without them you get a surge a surge that even the best viper tuners in the world could not get out (sean roe and Joe donovan):(

FSTJACK said:

i know i just love givin him a hard time:D

Welcome to the RBC. Where at in Norway are you located? I worked in Bergen few years ago... beautiful place.

Looks like your on the right track for mods. I would personally build the motor first to handle some sort of FI. Then it's up to you to decide on how radical you want to go. Check with the Vendor's here, they will steer you in the right direction.

Decisions decisions

Just to clear up everthing I have decided 100% to go with JMB,

Thanks for everyones help, especially 505's Fastest Viper, LOVETHISTRUCK & STINKER

I am now shipping the truck from Oslo to Missouri in the next couple of weeks, on the first possible ship to the states from here.

After conversing with Justin several times today I have decided to go the whole 9 yards, working on a budget of $45,000 + Shipping.

So the outcome is gonna be great.

Thanks again guys for all your help

Mark.

Oh and with regards to TSMITH3
I'm living just outside of Oslo, Iv'e been living in Norway and Asia for the past 15 years.

Though I am British, born in Manchester England.

Mark

TMCNORWAY said:

Thanks for everyones help, especially 505's Fastest Viper, LOVETHISTRUCK & STINKER

I am now shipping the truck from Oslo to Missouri in the next couple of weeks, on the first possible ship to the states from here.

After conversing with Justin several times today I have decided to go the whole 9 yards, working on a budget of $45,000 + Shipping.

Mark.
right on buddy congratulations:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GaKAA2U9W0

TMCNORWAY said:

Mark.

Congrats dude! Justin will take great care of you :rock: :rock:

Oh man, I'm excited for you:marchmellow: . You will not be disappointed... Justin's work is second to none:rock: Congrats in advance bro

I'm going to Thailand for 3 months soon, so Justin has plenty of time to finish all the work, And I'm gonna pass buy his shop before travelling back to Norway during the last week of the build.

TMCNORWAY said:
I'm going to Thailand for 3 months soon, so Justin has plenty of time to finish all the work, And I'm gonna pass buy his shop before travelling back to Norway during the last week of the build.
my truck and myself will there the end of this month if you could make it up there that would be sweet:rock: :rock: :rock:

Justin should, everthying on time with the shippment will recieve the truck late January or early Feb.

I'd love to come at the same time, but got to go to Thailand firsrt, though as i said I will be coming for a week or so when its ready for the DYNO. Hopefully my son will be coming too, I promissed to take him to Cedar Point Amusement Park in Ohio. And hopefully we can drive the truck there, regulations permitting as its on Norwegian plates.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back