HP/TQ gains estimate

make sure you keep the bands adjusted and the fluid and filter changed on your tranny. at least once a year

rottenronnie said:
Hey Joe- Kinda like he said....^^^^^

If a stock Gen III Viper is typically 425 wheel (same engine as the trucks of course, but a manual transmission) and vehicle weight on the dyno isn't really a factor, that is approx. 40 horsepower more than the trucks- stock for stock.

The Stage 2 flash is the wild card here. Peak horsepower gains make no sense compared to the improvement they make on the auto trucks at the track. There has to be an 80+ TQ improvement somewhere under the PEAK TQ number..

I was able to do my mods in stages and check the results at each step with the same dyno and operator. Those are the results I had with my truck.

I have heard claims of higher horsepower losses through our autos so the 40 is only a guesstimate....:dontknow: 40 is quite a bit.

That energy doesn't just disappear and I am assuming it would get turned into heat. After the converter it is more or less mechanical.

One day, if I have nothing to do, I might put a manual in just to see for sure... ;)

Ok.I gotch ya!!:D I was just thinking from the 500 crank HP #'s:rock: ,that makes sense then.

I'm sitting at 435HP and 490TQ with just a B&G StageII,2 Cta delete and True Dual Exhaust !! :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back