I built a custom speaker box tell me what you think.

ShaneKennett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built it myself. It fits really well and holds the 12" pioneers. I also put a lip on the back side so if I put something on it, it won't slide off the back. They seat can slide all the way back with a decent recline in it. only lost about 1" to 2" in in recline. I can build one for others if they like it.

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 91
rneely1012 said:
awesome! Does it allow enough air space?

Ya it does, it has roughly 3 cubic ft of air space.

It turned out really good, I have a buddy who is willing to wrap it in black suede to match my seats and headliner. That should look even better.

ShaneKennett said:
350 for unfinished 450 for completely finished.

i would say with the subs in (which mine are old and heavy) it weighs about 50 lbs.

what material is it made of?

That looks really nice for MDF! Good job taking the extra time to round all the corners. :rock: Looks great! :rock:

Are those 12" subs? ..... If so, with 3cuft of air space, you could get some JL 12W6's and blow the fckin top off that truck! :cool: That would be perfect for them! Is the enclosure sealed or ported?

Black1 said:
That looks really nice for MDF! Good job taking the extra time to round all the corners. :rock: Looks great! :rock:

Are those 12" subs? ..... If so, with 3cuft of air space, you could get some JL 12W6's and blow the fckin top off that truck! :cool: That would be perfect for them! Is the enclosure sealed or ported?

Ya they are 12". I have had them lying around doe some time and finally got a break in college to build it. It sounds good now, they don't hit incredible hard but I still have the factory head unit. I bet those JL's would make it ridiculus inside the truck.

Looks pretty good. I am planning on building a bass reflex vented enclosure with an Infinity Perfect 10 I have laying around. That stock one is horrible. I can't believe they even let it out of the factory that way.

-Muzzy

Did anyone see the huge box Unique put together for the back of that white SRT-10 RC on Unique Autosports (Speed Channel)

Looked good but put the speakers right against the back of the seats.

jerew65 said:
Did anyone see the huge box Unique put together for the back of that white SRT-10 RC on Unique Autosports (Speed Channel)

Looked good but put the speakers right against the back of the seats.

I haven't seen that. Did they make it out of fiberglass?

Muzzy said:
Looks pretty good. I am planning on building a bass reflex vented enclosure with an Infinity Perfect 10 I have laying around. That stock one is horrible. I can't believe they even let it out of the factory that way.

-Muzzy

Yeah, mine was blown from the factory.... complete JUNK. :rolleyes: :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back