I got $15K burning a hole in my pocket....

Django said:
Beware of expensive mods for the sake of mods.............

......as addictions go:

"Modding makes herion seem like bubble-gum....."

D

That is the best I have heard yet, well done.

Django said:
Beware of expensive mods for the sake of mods.............

......as addictions go:

"Modding makes herion seem like bubble-gum....."

D

Yep....I have been hooked for almost 2 yrs with the Charger....I was hooked from the early 70s till the late 80s when I finally went cold turkey...then I got a taste of an SRT vehicle 2 yrs ago...:canabis:

TNVIPER said:
Yep....I have been hooked for almost 2 yrs with the Charger....I was hooked from the early 70s till the late 80s when I finally went cold turkey...then I got a taste of an SRT vehicle 2 yrs ago...:canabis:

May God have mercy on all us poor junkie bastards..... :eek:

D

as close to us as you are, feel free to come up and look at all of the different things you can do to your ride. we always have a 3 or 4 projects of various degrees going on, so you can touch, hear and feel all of the different mods, as well as see them perform on the road and on the dyno

Django said:
May God have mercy on all us poor junkie bastards..... :eek:

D

Why are you all here at my house looking concerned? I don't have a problem. I said I don't have a problem!! I just need one more mod, then I'm done!!

My .02 worth on your 15k worth:

You're in 12k territory for a bullet-proof short block build (including a cam), leaving 3k for headers, mid-pipes, cat-back, and NOS.

How about 7k for a pair of Strikers and valve covers. Another 5k for cam, headers, mid-pipes, cat-back, CAI, and installation. Then top it off with a VECIII, fuel delivery system upgrades (rails, injectors, pump, return line), and dyno tuning.

That would make for a nice N/A setup, and still be fairly low profile to boot. You'd have somewhere around 650hp+ at the crank, all day long. My build with the Strikers, cam, and headers made something like 618hp on a factory tune and fuel system, and a reduced compression ratio. With a good tune you could be approaching 700hp territory, and still look fairly stock. You get that to hook and you'll shock the sh!t out of a lot of people.:rock:

TNVIPER said:

The SRT-8s are fast. esp. the Jeep Grand Cherokees. I don't know what he had for mods but it was VERY close race (I won, but not by much).

Ram From Hell said:
Why are you all here at my house looking concerned? I don't have a problem. I said I don't have a problem!! I just need one more mod, then I'm done!!

You're in 12k territory for a bullet-proof short block build (including a cam), leaving 3k for headers, mid-pipes, cat-back, and NOS.

How about 7k for a pair of Strikers and valve covers. Another 5k for cam, headers, mid-pipes, cat-back, CAI, and installation. Then top it off with a VECIII, fuel delivery system upgrades (rails, injectors, pump, return line), and dyno tuning.

That would make for a nice N/A setup, and still be fairly low profile to boot. You'd have somewhere around 650hp+ at the crank, all day long. My build with the Strikers, cam, and headers made something like 618hp on a factory tune and fuel system, and a reduced compression ratio. With a good tune you could be approaching 700hp territory, and still look fairly stock. You get that to hook and you'll shock the sh!t out of a lot of people.:rock:
Exactly! I am somewhere around 620 hp at the flywheel with ported OEM heads. With the Strikers you'd be up around 650. :rock:

This where I think I want to go....strong N/A engine then maybe FI......though I have not closed the door to the SC to begin with....hmmmmmm..:dontknow:

Ram From Hell said:

mauiSRT/10 said:
Keep asking questions and look at what others have done and learn. You dont want to waste cash on mods that might not work with your final setup.

patrick

Good advice...I am taking my time here...I am well educated on modding an SRT8..but the SRT10 is a completely different animal..

BOOMER said:
as close to us as you are, feel free to come up and look at all of the different things you can do to your ride. we always have a 3 or 4 projects of various degrees going on, so you can touch, hear and feel all of the different mods, as well as see them perform on the road and on the dyno

From all I read I need to make contact with you....everyone here praises you like a god..........should I sacrafice a lamb...or would you rather have a porterhouse?..;) ......what is the best way to contact you?.....thanks in advance..:)

TNVIPER said:
Good advice...I am taking my time here...I am well educated on modding an SRT8..but the SRT10 is a completely different animal..

Very good call dude......there is no rush. I have learned just about everything about modding my truck from this site! It members rock!:rock:

patrick

Here is my idea for you:

1. SC or NOS the truck.
2. 426 the Charger.

BOOM! Money well spent!

mauiSRT/10 said:
Very good call dude......there is no rush. I have learned just about everything about modding my truck from this site! It members rock!:rock:

patrick

Yes, these forums..at least some (the VTCOA being one of the few)..are the best thing since toliet paper...you can learn a lot of chit on them....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back