I got some questions about Lightnings....

A bunch of guys are hitting 9's now with just boost and spray. The new Whipples that just came out last year have proven to be quite effective in our trucks. Built motor is a given, but surprisingly, I'd say 99% of the guys in the 10's are still on stock suspension, and probably half or better that are in the 9's are as well. There's only a handfull of tubbed/tube frame L's out there that I know of, and they're mostly turbo trucks.

With that said, I might be shooting for 10's sooner than I thought, :). It's making funny noises it shouldn't be making, lol.

203Cree said:
A bunch of guys are hitting 9's now with just boost and spray. The new Whipples that just came out last year have proven to be quite effective in our trucks. Built motor is a given, but surprisingly, I'd say 99% of the guys in the 10's are still on stock suspension, and probably half or better that are in the 9's are as well. There's only a handfull of tubbed/tube frame L's out there that I know of, and they're mostly turbo trucks.

With that said, I might be shooting for 10's sooner than I thought, :). It's making funny noises it shouldn't be making, lol.

Well you do have the fastest color.:D

The other thing is I see about 3 L's daily. Some days I have seen as many as 9. How many SRT-10's do you see daily?

i've beatin a couple of L's out here in vegas and a couple have beatin me u'll take them stock.
but most of the ones i raced weren't stock.
i think it was last saterday i raced on that had radials on it.
it launched on me since then i been determined to buy some

FlyingLow said:
The other thing is I see about 3 L's daily. Some days I have seen as many as 9. How many SRT-10's do you see daily?

2 or 3 now that I moved out of the boonies, lol.

They are cheap to mod. I owned one before I traded it for the SRT-10 although it weighs in about 700 lbs less my QC, it was 4 tenths slower and 3mph less than my SRT is , although I am modded. Stock to stock the L would be 3 tenths quicker.. I do not miss it though!

I watched a 9 second L pull his front tires 2 feet off the ground today.....Wow....may not be good for the E/T..but that is some power....

FlyingLow said:

I see like 3-4 L's on base on any give day...and out in town theyre like Krack! It seems like everyone on Oahu loves Lightnings!!!

I just wanna be competitive...and coming in August I will have the funds to do so. :star: :star: :star:

I had a 03 Lightning was running 8# lower
CAI, Headers catless x-pipe, bigger injectors,
ported blower, dyno tuned, and a few other goodies
could run 12.30's / 12.40's all day on 555r's
and 11.68 was the best with a 125 shot that run
was on drag radials. for the money the Lightning had a
real WOW factor. I'm still trying to get into the SRT scene
time will tell.

Run2Speed said:
I'm still trying to get into the SRT scene
time will tell.

A quck call to JMB, ROE, DC Performance, or X Metal will get you going in the right direction. :)

RUN2SPEED

What color is ya truck? regular or qc, I live in Darlington also maybe we can get together sometime. Just bought my truck about month ago. Love it already. Sammy in S.C.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back