i need advice fellas

Streetgliderx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok here is my delima

my wife drives a 2002 tahoe LT and it has 196k miles it knocks and its started eating coolant like candy....

we went and looked at a 2008 NEW avalanche 4x4 LTZ with the 3/4 ton running gear (6.0, heavy rear and trans)

they aint offering much on the old thing but here is where the problem gets.... i am thinking of trading the SRT-10 in on it and the tahoe..... with both items i'll leave the dealership in a 46k stickered truck for 31k... i still owe on the SRT-10...... i have had tons of nice rides and as it currently sits i got a 1 ton, a blazer, an SRT-10, and a harley,

she has the old tahoe

it was nice when she got the tahoe but it was also used...... she has never in her life had something real nice like this and i was thinkin of lettin the truck go so she could have a nice ride.... i LIKE my truck but she deserves some nice shit too..... plus she goat farms and she needs a truck bed type ride to haul hay and stuff in...... i dunno guys what do you think........

i work out of town alot and i prob wont get to drive the SRT-10 much this year anyhow... and i got in it at such a deal i can turn some good money off the avalanche.....

Gotta do what is best for you and your family.

While I am not against a trade,I would recommend the 09 Dodge :rock: :D

They are just toys to most of us.If i could get a good price on mine,I would sell it :eek:

Sounds like you're not getting near as good a deal as you should. Hell, without trading anything the Avalanche should be discounted to well under $40k. I am pretty sure you are getting shafted but I don't know what you owe, etc. If you owe pretty much what you paid for the 10 then maybe the deal is good. If you were to pay cash for the Avalanche with no trade, I would expect you could pick it up for about $37k, maybe even less (as low as $32k). I don;t know all the details but you should be able to get a SMOKIN! deal right now.

well i gotta have the 1-ton to make money its my welding rig....

on the SRT i owe 16k on it and outright cash they offered me the avalanche for 36,298......

i know i wanna cry ..... can i hang around till i get another one???? or at least a viper car?

Hell yeah Brudda, We are glad to have ya. Gonna have another Chattanooga GTG shortly, you promised to come!!

You gotta take care of the family. BUT shop more I know you can get a H2 or H3 Hummer brand new for around 30k to 35k (I was in the same position) I would shop around before you trade. Good lick bro.

Gotta do more shopin around, cause if ya do you can find sumthin nice for your wife, and keep your viper ram:rock: :D :rock: :D

HOT RAM said:
Dodge is REALLY making deals on remaining 08's and even 09's :D :rock:
Go look at the new Rams, they are so nice!

Yes they are really making great deals...im going to test drive an 09 Ram Wednesday.

I'm not getting rid of the SRT, just looking for a new daily driver and i love the new rams.

Way to put your wife first! It will mean a lot to her. Just do what makes you happy. You know you can always buy another 10. I say make the lady happy!

GADodgetech said:
The avalanche aint a truck bro, treat her real good and get a 2500.

tried that too but she wants tahoe... she needs something with a bed... this was our middle ground

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back