i woke up to this...........

Sorry about your car man. I'm not sure where to get these but on the news down here a few months back a kid had his Hummer keyed in a high school parking lot and he had security cameras in the side mirrors, really good ones too. Guy ended up being arrested a few days later and was 72, and said the economy and gas prices made him do it, even though gas prices had dropped dramatically by then and I believe that Hummer was the inline 5. Here's the link:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3f9_1221617518

I've got a couple police buddies and it's really a crapshoot with car vandalism. If it isn't happening to others in the neighborhood and multiple times chances are the thieves aren't gonna get caught. The best investment I've found is a simple kill switch. My Ford Ranger throughout the years had been broken into about 5 times. I had an alarm on it and it still didn't matter, however, them mofos never took an engineering class to drive off with it. I garage my SRT, but I have a circuit kill switch and that's it. They can break my windows and take my radio, but I'll be damned if they drive off with it. Check out the video cameras, prob get expensive. Seriously go and speak with some cops in the auto theft dept and see how they set up their cameras. You get a face and put it on the news and someone will get caught.

the short of it is that this car parks outside because all my garage space is full of much more expensive vehicles, including the srt-10........ i basically have to park the wife's jeep outside until i get the neon back together along with some kind of surveillance system....

the cops didn't bother with fingerprints, they took pictures & a report.... told me that there was a local car theft ring run by a russian gang that has been responsible for most of the thefts but they haven't been caught - yet...... apparently this bunch is hot for neons toyotas & hondas....... apparently they couldn't read the window sticker that says code key protected, before they did the damage they did..... didn't take anything else either... they'll have to tow it next time, if i don't catch them first. :mad:

any other suggestions for better protection would be appreciated - thanks.:)

the only thing i couldn't quite figure out was why the thieves rolled the other 3 windows down half way......?:dontknow:

Last edited:
That system you posted is super!

Here is the link again...I right clicked on it and got it play...

http://www.vigilanceandsecurity.com/product/DVS800E

It would be a great internal and external surveillance system to have...

The old fart who keyed the Hummer above probably got off light...I would have been incredibly pissed...

Thanks for posting this...

By the way...folks with a VEC can have Sean make a "no start" card that will keep anyone from starting the truck, even if they have the key!

The card disables the pcm until one of the tune cards is inserted.

Sorry to hear this bro, but I can totaly relate! My brother leaves his truck outside and has a kill switch kind of like on a race bike. Pull it out, take it with you and if anyone messes with your chit, they can't even get thedome lights to work!

I've had alot of stuff stolen in the last year or so, but this summer I plan on building a house by the shop that keeps getting broken into. Every house that has been built in the last several years has been broken into. So I'm gonna camp out in this mofo with a ski mask waiting, when I catch them and I will!! I'm gonna pistol whip em with a shotgun, break every bone in there hands, take them 15-20 miles down the road, kickem out at 60 mph, take anything that might belong to me off their ride then crush it with the loader on my tractor, pull the tags, and take it to my friends scrapyard. It'll all be done before the make it out of ER, if they make it that far.

Dang that doesn't sound to excessive does it?!?:D

But realy good luck stopping them or at least catching them!!!

Prof said:
That system you posted is super!

Here is the link again...I right clicked on it and got it play...

http://www.vigilanceandsecurity.com/product/DVS800E

It would be a great internal and external surveillance system to have...

The old fart who keyed the Hummer above probably got off light...I would have been incredibly pissed...

Thanks for posting this...

By the way...folks with a VEC can have Sean make a "no start" card that will keep anyone from starting the truck, even if they have the key!

The card disables the pcm until one of the tune cards is inserted.
strange, but i'm not having any problems with either link ?:dontknow:

you could always put one of those boots that the city puts on cars....i think that alone would stop em....just make sure the city dont roll by and tow your car out of your own driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moparracing said:
would a car alarm scare them off ??

at worst, i'd be out for another car window ?:dontknow:

i had one of those firos gt pontiacs had in the 80,s damn thing got stolen 4 times cause they wanted the seats out of it cause the speakers were in the headrests,,,all the brothers wanted them ,,,,i finally intalled a car alarm with a remote pager on it ,and made sure to put the alarm led were it could be seen ,,,they never messed with it after that ,,,hell one time they tryed to steal my rims got all the nuts off but left the locks on the wheels next morning i jump in and drive off only to look like i had a clown car with bend axels i started to wooble all over road cause i had ony one lug nut on each wheel ,,,:mad:

moparracing said:
i need to come up with a video surveillance system to watch & deter this from happening again...... anyone have ideas or what they do to protect cars in your driveway ? :dontknow:

i'm considering this:

http://www.vigilanceandsecurity.com:80/product/DVS800E
i something to that effect mine works through my internet provider i can watch it anywhere anytime ill post some pics in a sec

if you look above my doors you will see the camera
Picture076.jpg

Set up a projector and play snuff films on continuous loop using the garage door as a back drop and screen :D

Sux Randall but word on the street is a really ugly short hairy Bastage did this :argh:

TheSickness said:
Set up a projector and play snuff films on continuous loop using the garage door as a back drop and screen :D

Sux Randall but word on the street is a really ugly short hairy Bastage did this :argh:

I will have you know that I'm a SLUF. I will see if you can figure it out.;) :D

Having your possesions violated like that is infuriating. Really sorry it happened to you Randy. I would get the security setup for peace of mind. A loud car alarm might have scarred them off and warned you as well.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back